Note to New Members ×

It's On! Lifts Spinning A Month Early In Tahoe!!

barryj

• barryj changed the title to It's On! Lifts Spinning A Month Early In Tahoe!!

7 hours ago, boardguru said:

Will you be surfing there tomorrow Barry?

If I had more than a days notice the Moss armada would be all over 1st chair on opening day!     Alas I have a prior commitment for opening day Fri. but I'll be there Sat and Sun!

• Like 1

Off to Boreal Mtn. resort for the 1st day of skiing/riding of the season! Temps never got below freezing last couple of nights so it was a soft to slushy experience but was able to get in 10+ runs on the short and limited terrain open.... but just great to get the boots back on and cut a few turns! .....and what a great early start to the season!

Got To Love It!!

20211030_144436.jpg

Edited by barryj
  • Like 7

I was at Boreal on Saturday. Absolutely horrible, how dare they are to opened hill. Mud and dirt on 2 open runs. I left after 45 minutes because I was waiting 30 minutes to open lift to the top. But I walk about 1/3 slope there was not snow just mud. I bought pass on Friday lucky their senior pass starts at 60 and it is $189. Daily tickets will be $82. There was about 5 skiers rest of were borders mostly really bad, so it was pretty dangerous. I heard Friday was better. They need much more snow and cooler temperatures it was at 50 in the morning. 

2 hours ago, Ladia said:

at Boreal on Saturday

You there at opening Ladia?   Sorry I missed ya but I showed up around 1pm?  Yeah it was rough and sketchy off the top from the Accelerator lift...I did one and done on that lift and then moved over to the Jibbers lift Castle Peak.....it was great to the right of the park ....hardly anybody going down it as the Park Rats  were all lined up like seals for the park.

I had fun and it was actually better than I was expecting.   Not worth a day pass but aok for popping in for a few runs  with a season pass!

Glad to hear your back at it and sorry you had  a crappy day/ start to the season. 

......and yeah I don't expect them to reopen until we get another  good sized dump!