Note to New Members ×

How to make a Brandy Old Fashioned

JRAZZ

A little simple syrup, a few dashes of bitters and some orange peel (just the very outside, use a peeler) are what you need, along with 2 oz of good bourbon. I like Woodford for the bourbon. You can substitute sugar and a little water for the syrup. Give the peel a good twist or crush it to release the flavour. Best served with one of those giant ice cubes so it doesn’t get diluted so much. 

• Like 2

Gosh darn-it, thanks for these. I have shared them with several friends. I still have never had an old fashioned. My parents used to make them  back in the 60's at "cocktail parties" 😉  I would go around and eat the booze soaked cherries!

I might have to just go and get the ingredients and make one. I was saving my old fashioned virginity for the experience of having one with a prime rib at one of the "supper clubs"  that are all over Wisconsin.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bigwavedave said:

My parents used to make them  back in the 60's at "cocktail parties" 😉  I would go around and eat the booze soaked cherries!

that brings back memories... yeah, my parents had these cocktail parties. the morning-after was like Christmas... all those cherries!!! bonus was the frozen desserts that weren't served.

• Like 1