Note to New Members ×

Nidecker Spectre

cbrkid1981

Paging @charliechocolate he's got the carbon version. 

This board seems to be a modernised and slighty wider version of my belowed Proto. That one was also 8m scr and it was perfect for freeriding with hard boots. Speaking of which, this should be in the "all-mountain hardboot boards" section and merged with twin-thread you posted in "carving boards"... 

• Like 1

Backcountry put this board on sale for 40% off so I got the 163.

Will follow up with a ride report but first impressions are appealing.

It's really light.  And pretty damn stiff.  I'm 180lb+ so it should be interesting...

😈

Spectre RTG.jpg

Edited by Joe D

Haha I bought it and almost died. The bogus snow that fell in Massachusetts was not groomed. I'm far from an experienced hardbooter and it was not a good time. Maybe someone can help me but I felt like my toe to heel transition got stuck?? I have the 157 with a 22 cm waist. My angles were like 40ish low 30s. 

13 hours ago, cbrkid1981 said:

Haha I bought it and almost died. The bogus snow that fell in Massachusetts was not groomed. I'm far from an experienced hardbooter and it was not a good time. Maybe someone can help me but I felt like my toe to heel transition got stuck?? I have the 157 with a 22 cm waist. My angles were like 40ish low 30s. 

lol; don't die...

Check out the local ride forum section:  Great group of rider at Berkshire East.
When you said the transition get stuck; does it mean you are locked in on a toe side turn and unable to turn into heel side?
Slarving (slide-carving) is a great(must) skill to have in the tool box:  meaning to break out of the carve and slide a bit to bleed off speed and avoiding tree/ppl and etc. 

http://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/47606-rally-at-the-thunder-dome-2019-feb-23-24-berkshire-east/

Hey,

I'm not sure how to describe it.  when I use my jja bx board with hards, I can get it up on both edges and carve pretty well.  but when I put on the spectre the other day it felt very unstable and I def felt locked on my toe side and just skidding all over the place, or just very grabby. it's probably just my terrible form, and that I got scared of it because it was choppy. lol