Note to New Members ×

How many carving addicts do you know.

lowrider

Having just returned from the SOS carving event it was evident to me based on the dangerous  driving and weather conditions that most in attendance have a serious addiction  problem. Despite the fact that at times visibility was at or near zero people continued to do lap after lap. Do you know a carving addict and what qualities do they display that supports your conclusion ? Thanks to YYZ CANUCK and Osler Ski Club for feeding our addiction!

Full disclosure: I'm still getting my boots dialed in.  When i took a Snowshoe trip earlier this month, my crew was shocked when I took off my boots to reveal several blisters and a swollen toe bunyon.  I did not even realize until it was pointed out.  I had been riding all day.. no mention of foot discomfort, and I barely even noticed.  Thrill and joy are powerful.  Might be a carving addict.

That said, I got me some new insoles for the rest of this season and I will be on the hunt for boots come the off season.

*clears throat and looks nervously at the people gathered in the room*. Ahem,  my name is Saint Lupo and I have a problem.  When I ride up the chair lift and see an untouched groomer,  I start drooling and try my best to rip off the safety bar so I can jump the 30 feet down to the ground before anybody else can make tracks.  Other people on the lift might casually engage me in conversation about my unconventional snowboard, but after five minutes they start looking concerned and edging away from me.  When unloading they absolutely rocket away from me.  Some weekends I forget to eat breakfast or even take the kids with me up to the mountain,  but I never forget my edge tuner.  Late season my socks are usually bloody at the end of the day.  I have a problem.  Winter doesn’t last all year.

• LOL 2