Note to New Members ×

Surgery Done!: Name That Injury!

barryj

• 2 weeks later...

Awww..........LB,  your such a caring guy!   I feel tha love!!   :AR15firin

No news...still waiting for Insurance to ok MRI.......I expect I'll be able to get it done by end of this week.

....and I expect them to tell me, yes it's tore and  I need surgery....duh!

I can ride, sorta aggressive...my heelside/bad arm side turns are loopy C's...but it's still fun.

Gonna head to the resort tomorrow if weather holds......

Probably put off the slice and dice until the resorts close....   I still got no pain.... still just can't reach left or past my nose...outside of those two movements I got full mobility and strength.

• Sad 1

• 8 months later...

All Done!  Full Shoulder Tune Up = 90 minute procedure which took 7 hours.... door to door!

All I remember is them saying they fixed 2 tears and I got a major shoulder overhaul....using, scalpel,  laser, roto rooter and staple gun!!

6A.jpg

Edited by barryj

4 hours ago, barryj said:

All Done!  Full Shoulder Tune Up = 90 minute procedure which took 7 hours.... door to door!

All I remember is them saying they fixed 2 tears and I got a major shoulder overhaul....using, scalpel,  laser, roto rooter and staple gun!!

6A.jpg

You look pretty comfy. Did your anesthesiologist give you a nerve block +/- catheter & infusion?

8 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Did your anesthesiologist give you a nerve block +/- catheter & infusion?

I don't do well with the usual anesthesia (usually am sick for a couple days with nausea) and it takes me twice as long to come out of the fog before they will let me leave the hospital...thus the 7 hour day for a 90 minute procedure.......Yep, they gave me a nerve block and I got a nausea patch right of the bat.  I think those two things really helped!

Feeling fine....no pain....only took 4 Advil last night and this morning.  Really want to avoid taking the Hydrocodone they prescribed.....that stuff really makes loopy!! Yuck!!