Note to New Members ×

Bomber: Where's All The Boards?

barryj

Just lived vicariously picking up some more binding parts at Gumbo.com.........and saw there's still no boards for sale ??  :confused:

So I know Sean got all the Boots in the resale, part 3......but what happened to All The Boards that were there ???? 

Curious minds want to know  :lurk: 

4 hours ago, Jack M said:

The entire board inventory was put on eBay by the ban

Hmm.....I'm sure you would know Jack.........but did anybody else see or notice more Alpine boards on fleabay?   I sure missed it!   ...and I'm always looking all over the web for the next board!! :cool:  

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Hmm.....I'm sure you would know Jack.........but did anybody else see or notice more Alpine boards on fleabay?   I sure missed it!   ...and I'm always looking all over the web for the next board!! :cool:  

There really wasn't much at all, and what little there was was pretty obscure stuff.  I eagerly looked through it hoping to find something I could use, but there was nothing for me.  Even if I didn't own any boards already.

8 hours ago, Jack M said:

There really wasn't much at all, and what little there was was pretty obscure stuff.  I eagerly looked through it hoping to find something I could use, but there was nothing for me.  Even if I didn't own any boards already.

This is exactly how I felt. A couple of decent Oxess, but none fit the bill for me. Same for the 2-3 Ks they had. And I wasn't interested in the slew of old, rusted OES boards, which may have been from the earlier runs which had reliability issues.

• 3 weeks later...

True confessions: I scored a couple of nice decks. I chanced across the listings and figured out where the boards came from about 10 days after I bought them. Right away I found it odd that merch like that was being sold by someone who did't appear to be a snowboard enthusiast. After a little bit of looking I figured out that bro was a banker (and not a board-stealer/fence!). I followed the account for about 2 weeks and I recall that there might have been 8 boards total that he sold via eBay. Probably 4 were F2s of older vintage that didn't seem that desirable. To his credit, seller bro wasn't offended by my strategic use of ebay's "Make an Offer" button. That's how I knew I was dealing with a business person and not someone (like myself) who might have had an emotional attachment to hardware.