Note to New Members ×

WTF 2019

snowreport: mon apr 01, 2019
howdy all

just like yesterday it was grey and cloudy and light snow in the morning. by 11am a good wind starts

and gets a little chilly. huge puffy clouds roll thru and some sunshine peaks thru in the afternoon and

the sun softens the snow. it gets cloudy again about 2:30pm with a few specks of snow and flat light

and the snow firms up a bit. carved good about 1pm till closing. the clouds kept things cool and made

for a nice comfy day... today was fun... firm morning working on verts...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 4...

snowreport: tue apr 02, 2019
howdy all

wow! time flies when your having fun. I can't believe there is only a few more days till the end of the season.

another truly beautiful bluebird day. this morning was on the chilly side and I had my extra thin layer on and

it was comfy in the morning, but later it was too warm. same old, firm then fun then too soft. when it gets

too soft a softboot would be better, but it gets too hot and I am burning up and it is time to call it. wanted

to stay all day, but it gets too warm. forecast is cloudy with some rain tomorrow and thru the final weekend.

the groomers did a pretty good job, but did not groom the places I like and some places where they should

groom, but did not. ptarmigan bowl was groomed and did a few runs. kinda took it easy and was a fun day...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 2...

snowreport: wed apr 03, 2019
howdy all

a grey cloudy morning, but clouds above the big and on the chilly side. clouds all around and looks

like snow coming in from the northwest. starts to snow about 10:30am with a slight wind from the

south. again frozen cords in the morning and it took a while to soften up and the new dusting of snow

made it sticky slow. the last past of the groomers was good and icy crunchy soft so I would follow

that in the morning. also followed it from the summit, down towards big ravine thru 1000 turns then

interstate to home again to chair 2 and hellroaring back to chair 1. toni matt was polished ice then

very slowly gets easier to run thru as it gets scraped off. gets foggy about noon and the light snow

gets wetter and goggles get wet and it is time to go home... tried to have fun, not the best...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 1...

snowreport: thu apr 04, 2019
howdy all

cloudy, but above the big and warm temps. rained all night here in town and on the big there was

3 plus inches of wet heavy creamy new snow. on the top of chair 2 where it was not groomed there

was an inch plus of new snow and the groom was very firm and groomed nice and smooth. the top

of toni matt was good heavy wet pow and it was a nice change from the firm ice in the morning.

later I did a couple runs down the face to old chair 5 and a few people were surprised cause I was

on the hardboots. the wet heavy snow would break up into big chunks and just barely support you.

looked like the sun was going to come out about 10:30am, but it gets cloudy again. the new snow

got sticky as it got warmer at noontime and it was hard work carving thru the wet heavy push piles.

it was really warm as I got back into town, it was in the upper 50's... a different kinda day with the

new snow... not much people on the hill... fun...

snowreport: fri apr 05, 2019
howdy all

super high clouds and thick and grey and looks like it could rain at any moment. the snow on ed's

first thing in the morning was all ready wet and soft, but held an edge really good and carved hard

for the first two hours. just flip your board and let the edge track and don't push too hard so you

don't push out the snow. it was good top to bottom on chair 2 so I stayed there for two hours and

there were only a handful of people after chair 1 opened. took a couple of runs on toni matt then

took my break and it started to rain/snow, rained lower and snow higher. people were coming in the

summit house a little wet. took a longer than normal break and waited for the dumping snow to

slow down then went to the backside, but it rained all the way up till the summit then it was snow.

the fog/cloud was just at the summit and as I was going to leave the rain stops so I made a few

more runs and looking west there was more rain/snow on the way so called it... super fun on ed's...

snowreport: sat apr 06, 2019
howdy all

a little cooler with grey clouds hanging at the summit level with some blue skies to the west, but

the clouds build all day and looks like it could rain at any time. a bit foggy on top, but vis was good

and the cooler temps made the groomers firm and there was a dusting of new snow on top. the

big reported 3 inches new, but there was maybe an inch on the summit. first run on toni matt the

top was good on the icy hard groomers with a dusting of new snow, but the mid toni was not groomed

and it was icy hard bumpy and I side slipped and barely made it down alive. not much was groomed

and it was very firm icy hard in the morning. made a few runs and took a long break and the fog

was getting lower and looked like rain/snow was coming from the west. called it early and as

I was leaving it rained a little, but not much and as I got into town it looked like it was clearing

up on the mountain a bit and was nicer. the crowds was coming all morning for the pond skimming

and it was getting busy with everyone in a party mood. today is day 100 for me and I did not feel

bad leaving early from the crappy conditions and the crazy crowds. last month got so warm

and it really did a number on our snow and it was not good the last few weeks so I am kinda glad

the season is over so I can change gears and go fishing and stand up paddling thru the summer...

one more day, but forecast is rain and cooler temps the next five days... bitter sweet...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 11:30...

snowreport: sun apr 07, 2019
howdy all

ski season always seems to go by too fast... woke up to a rainy morning and did not have the stoke

to go up and enjoy the last day. it was dumping rain here in town and I would have been soaked by

the time I got to the snowbus. heard it was snowing early in the morning then rain by noon. I am

happy that I completed my goal of a 100 days and ride over 2 million vertical feet and not get

seriously injured... not the best season as conditions was always changing. started with not much

snow in December then kinda warm in January then super cold and windy in February then super

warm in March and by April it was pretty sad with dirt showing and very thin coverage... the big

had 6 days that they closed chair 1 to the summit including 1 day they closed the whole mountain...

made some good turns so it was a fun season... 100 days... 2,157,344 vertical feet... rank 13...

did not ride the last day...

wtf19_31.jpg

howdy

I am posting our last day snow report... we had over a 100 inches settled base on the summit and

lost a lot of snow during a very warm March... total to date was a little more than half of last year...

Reported (April 9th, 2019)

Summit (6,817 ft./2,078 m)

Overnight Snow: 1"/3cm
Settled Base: 79"/201cm
Total to Date: 253"/643cm
6am Temp: 25°F/-4°C

24hr Snow: 1"/3cm
7 Day Snow: 8"/21cm
Current Conditions: Melting toward summer
Visibility/Wind: See webacam/NE at 11mph

Terrain Status

Open Runs: 0
Terrain Parks: See you next year!
Night Skiing: Closed for the season

Lower Mountain (4,464 ft./1,361 m)

24hr Snow: 0"/0cm
Village Settled: 27"/69cm
Total to Date: 127"/323cm
6am Temp: 34°F/1°C

7 Day Snow: 0"/0cm
Current Conditions: Grass growing
Visibility/Wind: See webcam/0mph

Deep thoughts by Riley*:

That's All Folks!

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who shared the 2018/19 season here at Whitefish Mountain Resort. I hope everyone had a Hellroaring good time! It sure seemed like it to me. Sure, the weather made 1,000 Turns, which meant there was something for everyone! All of you powder hounds had your fix, there were a number of inversion days which are a true Inspiration for getting on the mountain. Spring skiing came in full force and the sunny, warm days were Good Medicine after all the arctic air came through. I'm sure all of you had more than one Nice Day on the mountain skiing with your friends and family. 

A few cool things to mention:

We broke a record for the number of adult "Learn to Ski/Ride" lessons! That means more of you are now ready to join in on all the fun!

All of our kids' programs are growing as well as our Freestyle Team-- more kids out there who are learning to love the sport!

Frank Creasia is the new vertical champ, he skied 3,555,447 feet this season

120 passholders skied ONE MILLION feet or more (wow, great job you guys!)

All of our passholders broke a record this season-- we skied a total of 2,138,100,034 feet!

If you are already thinking about next season and making a list of things you want to do, here's one more: buy your 2019/20 Winter Season Pass. Just remember, the season pass is on sale now through September 30. After September 30 the price will go up.

Now is a good time to take advantage of the installment plan-- six payments between now and November 1, 2019. 

Let's not forget about summer! We open Saturday, May 25 for weekends and then we'll be open daily starting June 15. New this summer-- we are adding a second alpine slide and redesigning the old one so it will be new too.  If you were a 2018/19 Winter Season Passholder you get lots of summer perks.

Also as a thank you for another great season, we're going to up the discount for the first few weekends with our Passholder Appreciation Days-- you will receive 50% off activities and 20% off food.

Thanks again for another amazing season! We will see you again soon I hope, until then HAPPY SPRING!