Note to New Members ×

I can hardly believe it.

1xsculler

My new fav is my $29 EBay Rossi 163 Slayer, capped construction, 9m r, 20cm waist, 24.5 nose, 26,5 tail...why, I can't even say.  Maybe it's the single scr of twenty years ago or maybe it's worn out. All I know is I am carving my best turns of the season on it today. I don't know what that says about my skill or the lack thereof. 

My quiver includes custom built for my 150#s , Coilers: 176 AM VSR, 163 SL, 172 NFCB, 180 EC, 175 Classic and a Donek 162 Axxess. I will be adding a new  Coiler and maybe a new Donek but this little Slayer is really ringing my chimes today...conditions are perfect but they have been all season up here at Crystal for me...35 times this season.

Edited by 1xsculler

I took my original 1991 pink asym PJ6 of the wall a couple weeks ago with every intention of only taking 1 run and ditching it for a brand new Flux that Sean built for me.  I rode the PJ the ENTIRE day.  Now it's a HORRIBLE board in most conditions, but in the right conditions, I swear you can hear angels singing when you get those edges to hook up...  

• Like 1

1991 pink asym PJ6....

1 hour ago, Kneel said:

1991 pink asym PJ6.... but in the right conditions, I swear you can hear angels singing when you get those edges to hook up...  

That's how I feel about my older Asyms...  but it really needs to be just right...  I still enjoy riding them...especially the Kemper Apex 170 Xray man.

• Like 1

Sculler,     Don't know why you can't believe it.  The  real deal then .... is still the real deal !  

I still wow myself and the locals when I bring out my 2001 159 Salasnek Signature Sims Descender.  It plows the crud and still lays down mean tight carves and it will have to snap in half before I quit riding it!

Conditions can play a part too...one day maybe 11 or 12 years ago, when I was at best an intermediate level carver, I made pretty much perfect laid out carves down HRM face at Mt. Hood Meadows. It's a reasonably steep pitch and the snow was hardpack that day. I was riding an Oxygen F-67, which even then was nothing to write home about: a very soft freecarver with a very perceptible speed limit - you don't have to go very fast before you start blowing out of turns. But somehow everything lined up and I nailed the run a few times, I think the soft flex played well with the hardpack conditions. 

Well...it was probably 6 or 7 years of more learning before I made turns that good again, lol. Fortunately there were a few witnesses to my moments of glory that day who developed a wholly inaccurate idea of my skill level. :biggthump