Note to New Members ×

Carving legs

lowrider

3 hours ago, pow4ever said:

is it normal to have your back leg(quad) get bigger than your front leg after the snowboard season?
Just wondering if there are some deficiency in my technique that cause this? 

No. But then define 'normal'... 

Probably not so much technique, but there's something about your arrangement that's causing you to bear more load on the rear leg for long duration.

That, or your right leg is dipping into your HGH stash. 

Thank you good doctor!

Tweaking the setup might be in order.  I hate to make it worse as everything is semi working well now hahah..

lol..  I do drink a ton of milk on those hard carving day.
Could just be me out of shape/ill prepare for the season.
In general the back leg get more  of a work out as we are constantly lunges/squat/getting low?

4 hours ago, pow4ever said:

In general the back leg get more  of a work out as we are constantly lunges/squat/getting low?

Well, there is that to consider.  One of the things that tends to work to delay/reduce fatigue with intermediate telemark skiers, is to make sure the legs are always moving through a range of motion, rather than locking/holding at any one area of that range. Maybe also consider altering the timing of your flex/extend so that you're 'lifting' yourself in a part of the turn where the loads are smallest. As with telemark, nobody says you have to do lunges on each turn. It only looks that way.

And see if you can get the front leg more involved in the flex/extend/load carry process.

Failing that, install a custom Öhlins shock between your rear end and heel on the back leg. That should fix things.