Note to New Members ×

N. CA Not Looking Good!

barryj

No snow past 3 weeks and non in sight for the rest of the month!  Ugh!   Rocks and debris showing up on every trail at Northstar and that's a Vail resort....you know they move snow around if they had it!  Double Ugh!!

Top of Squaw is good spring conditions...but everybody and their brother are vying for the same few runs! 

My boards have spent more time at the tuners this season for rock rash than the last three seasons combined!

Opensnow for Tahoe says if no snow by end of month this will be the Lowest Snowfall Ever On Record!!!

Edited by barryj

Man after last season out west would a hard one to follow.  Plenty of snow now in the NE. , but that is only until the next rain?  so far, so good.  I have some friends that just started some projects down in Taos, the weather is probably not helping at this stage. 

I am in Mammoth and have been since Wed. the 7th.  Temps are hitting low 50's on the hill.  If you get out for first chair Stump Alley and the runs off of it are acceptable and I would rate the snow on a 1-5 scale for carving (5 being best) at a 3-4 depending on the run.  Snow gets better as you go higher but those steeps are beyond my skill level.

Here's to hoping for a "Miracle March"!

• Like 1