Note to New Members ×

30 years, 40 years;;

Eric Brammer aka PSR

Today (although it was 2/5/88, but Today is that first Friday in the Month) would be the 30th Anniv. of my Working as a Snowboard Instructor (Also as 'Lift Op', as there wasn't, yet, a "demand" for a Snowboarder Instructor). I gave two Lessons that day, and one of those, Hugo, ended up being the Head Instructor at Suicide Six a few years later.

This Christmas Vacation, I actually had my Twins up to Visit (they're probably two of the best adolescent Riders in Alabama!). We Rode on Christmas Day, and 2 Days Later, too. The 27th of December, 1978, was when I got to take my Flite SnoBoard out for the first time (hiked up Ascutney's Eagle Trail). I didn't tell my kids until the Day was done, but they rode with me, 4 decades after I got to 'Snowboard' on a Ski Hill for the first time (this doesn't count my 'Snurfing', which started sometime mid-winter in '75). It's been a long, crazy Adventure in this wonderful Sport, and I'm so blessed to have just 'Been There' at the moments/events that've transpired. And, then there's the People I've met!! So many, Great, wonderful, vital, and beautiful People.  Thanks to all, any, of you who've shared in my Ride!! ;-D

Edited by Eric Brammer aka PSR
  • Like 6

i was on a chair at Jackson Hole a few days ago, riding with a bunch of late teens/early 20's guys.  the chair behind us was loaded with friends of mine, all in their late 40's and early 50's.

one of my buddies on the chair behind us said something about not having ridden the Hobacks (perimeter area at Jackson) for 30 years or more.  suddenly, one of the young guys next to me who'd heard it, launched into this impersonation of my friend that was feeble, shaky and in an old man voice - hilarious.   definitely a trip highlight.

• LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started in 1985, so 33 years for me. It's been awesome... I've raced at every level up to, and including World Cup, won USASA and Nastar National titles in Sl, GS, and SBX. I've trained hundreds of instructors for BASI and AASI. Taught countless members of the public in France, Andorra, Austria, Switzerland, Scotland, and the US.I've got to meet the coolest people, and even met the love of my life (and married her).

And I've loved every minute!

Edited by Emdee406
Omission.
  • Like 3