Note to New Members ×

Rare sighting: Alpine gear in a retail shop.

Apex Insider

Thought you guys might like to see an actual retail ski shop with actual alpine snowboarding gear. Sport Riml in Sölden, Austria stocks Kessler, Virus and F2. Deeluxe and UPZ boots. They offer demos and rental. These guys deserve a lot of credit for keeping the stoke going for hard booting. The manager, Hannes, is very knowledgeable and tells me that they do a brisk business in carving gear.

If you're looking to book a European trip, Sölden is the place. Ultra wide, carve-worthy runs. And if you want to pack light, just take a carry-on and rent from Sport Riml.

This place will have you drooling. Some pics below. I know I should have taken better photos of the Virus wall but I got a little too excited to see the Geckos on display. Sorry! Suffice it to say that they probably had EUR40,000 worth of Virus and Kessler boards on their display racks.

IMG_20170203_101210.jpg

IMG_20170203_102556.jpg

IMG_20170203_102710.jpg

Edited by Apex Insider
  • Like 8

Solden is the only place I think in Europe you can expect to share a chairlift with another random hardbooter or walk into a sports shop and find all sorts of alpine gear.

Bond fever has unfortunately made it a bit over-priced and overcrowded, but I would still recommend checking it out.

Edited by michael.a

4 hours ago, patmoore said:

Austria is a great destination but you can do your shopping at Okemo in southern Vermont.  This photo was taken this morning at the shop at the main base lodge.

boards.jpg

Nice to see Alpine Gear back on the East Coast.

Edited by jp1