Note to New Members ×

UPZ RC-10 Modifications

wesleywarren

My FinTecs are in a box. Too damn slippery for my icy area. Reaching down forces me to stretch... ?. Good for ole' men like me.

My liners are Scarpa power wrap. Feel like slippers.  I'm not a fan of the stock UPZ liners.

I do have a pair of Intuition plug liners that I insert when I race.

• 1 month later...

My UPZ power straps started losing their power to stay fastened. They were the older Velcro ones. They worked great for several seasons, though. I put some Booster straps on in their place, and no more problems coming undone. But so far the world of difference hasn't revealed itself to me. In general, I'm pretty insensitive to boot issues, once the fit is there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teach said:

My UPZ power straps started losing their power to stay fastened. They were the older Velcro ones. They worked great for several seasons, though. I put some Booster straps on in their place, and no more problems coming undone. But so far the world of difference hasn't revealed itself to me. In general, I'm pretty insensitive to boot issues, once the fit is there.

UPZ ladder ratchet straps are what work best for me in a freecarve session.. I Surf with Harcandy on my feet now.. Upz with extra comfort not worrying about my top buckle coming undone now is an extra bonus.

2 hours ago, teach said:

UPZ ladder ratchet straps are what work best for me in a freecarve session.. I Surf with Harcandy on my feet now.. Upz with extra comfort not worrying about my top buckle coming undone now is an extra bonus.

IMG_1349.PNG

17 minutes ago, teach said:

Does anyone use the Booster straps the way Booster says to, over the liner tongue but under the shell tongue? And are the two-layer ones "intermediate" (versus "expert")?

WW, those Shoxxter straps look beefy. What do the spoilers get you?

Yup I use them over the tongue. Triple layer ones for me.

lonbordin, in your photo they're over the shell tongue. Booster says to put them only over the liner tongue -- _under_ the shell tongue if it sticks up that far (it does). That seems like it might not be too comfortable, but I'll try it next time. Just curious if anyone actually follows Booster's recommendation, and if not, why not.

Edited by teach

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2017 at 3:30 PM, lonbordin said:

Has anyone changed out the power strap for the UPZ Power Strap SHOXXTER PLUS Set or some other third-party strap setup.  My standard UPZ strap comes loose as the day progresses and I'm not happy about always having to remember to re-tighten it.

Thanks.

Get a BOOSTER it's for ski boots but works amazing!!!

• 5 months later...
On 1/11/2016 at 12:27 AM, Québec man said:

Hello friend to carver, here are some modifications whom I made on my UPZ rc-10.

I replaced the second buckle because she got in touch with the 3rd constantly in flexion.I had to reposition the buckle replaced higher and cut  the high part of the boot because she too prevented the flexion resting on the tongue. Finally l hade my spring system ...... no hole no drill! They fit perfectly in origin hole.

If people want it I have other kit in stock.. 3 different springs resistance.

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

The Raichle strap comes in different lengths.

Which one have you used?