Note to New Members ×

I apologize for my inappropriate post

lowrider

• 2 weeks later...

I totally respect editorial control, proprietary rights, property rights.

that said, I think it is tough to reconcile "anything goes" with an admin decision like this one.   It is all so subjective, by definition, right ?  Going backwards and sanitizing everything one perspective disagreed with would be a whole new career for any set of hands that got on the keyboard.  People have always disagreed, so what.

Things are not "worse than ever".  The collective memory is short.   The "mood of the country" was horrendous just post Nixon.   It was bad when mortgages had credit card like interest rates in the Carter era.  The oil embargo and Iran hostage crisis didn't help. Viet Nam ?

And on and on.

I grew up in Baltimore.  Unfortunately, Baltimore is a very violent city.    

It is violent today and it was violent when I was young and the crack epidemic raged.  It was violent in the 70 s and the 60s and going back.  The newspaper archives from 100 years ago have nearly daily accounts of longshoremen on the docks killing each other for who knows what.  The city was 100 percent  controlled by a corrupt political party called the "know nothings" (literally).

I digress, sort of.  Not talking about things never seems like a good idea to me.  Maybe that's why I have so few friends (-:

normally, I don't buy into "slippery slope" theories or prophecies when changes are made to something longstanding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lowrider said:

So !  To get back on topic what's your cracker choice >

i am definitely partial to Wheatsworth and Mary's gluten free.  the Mary's are crazy expensive and look like birdseed - i can't remember the exact name.

Uneeda biscuits are tough to find but they are something i remember from my Grandmother's house as a kid, so I get nostalgic for them.  

yeah, that's the short list for crackers.  i feel pretty strongly about it, so, choose your words carefully.

Edited by davekempmeister
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, davekempmeister said:

i am definitely partial to Wheatsworth and Mary's gluten free.

Oh, for crying out loud, I knew somebody would politicize this thread sooner or later. What, saltines aren't "proletarian" enough for your taste? When the government comes to take your cheese, like the American Dairy Association claims, we'll see how much you like those compressed seed balls! Where are the f***** moderators?!?

• Like 1

On October 23, 2016 at 11:12 PM, lordmetroland said:

What, saltines aren't "proletarian" enough for your taste?

Saltines are de facto food stamps, so it's more likely a stigma thing than a rejection of the precious wonder wafer.

When the government comes to take your cheese, like the American Dairy Association claims...

Your cheese is safe. I have it on good authority that they'll be too busy going after Craigslist/Ebay DIY AR15 receivers.  Besides, cowfolk are usually too mired in internecine squabbles to be taken seriously on issues beyond the dooryard. See Farmers v. Cowmen, et al, Oklahoma, 1931.

we'll see how much you like those compressed seed balls!

Related: Poll slump blamed on electile dysfunction. Candidate offers limp rebuttal.

Beckman are you offering to host the first meeting of the Posterity Party? Would like to get this off the ground before the Trump party rides roughshod over the sensibility of today's limited intelligence. ( If this constitutes political content and gets deleted we''ll just have to meet in the lift line at pre arranged resorts and discuss our collective futures.)  I don't have a bullet proof vest but am contemplating trading my spine protector for one soon. My friends in counterintelligence advise me that my options and lifespan should be of primary concern .

Edited by lowrider
Someone hacked my thoughts

5 hours ago, lowrider said:

are you offering to host the first meeting of the Posterity Party? Would like to get this off the ground before the Trump party rides roughshod over the sensibility of today's limited intelligence.

If I threw a party, I'd be the only one to show up.  So that would be no.

Besides, Tyrannosaurus Rump is already flogging the collective stupid about the ring with such aplomb that the rodeo clowns are all filing for unemployment.

2 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

this election season will be remembered primarily for providing conclusive evidence for the existence of god; clearly, a species as dumb as us couldn't have lasted this long without a helping hand.

Either that, or we're so incredibly smart that a supreme being is actively retarding the timing so as to avoid engine knock.

If you stay to the end, you'll notice some audio reminiscent of the minotaur snorting heard in the second and third debates.

1 hour ago, lordmetroland said:

Hey Jim, evidently the bots that automatically ban people who reference Depeche Mode are broken. You have to take a hard line on this crap or we'll be overrun with "Who's better: Spandau Ballet or Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark?" threads...

True...

Edited by big mario