Note to New Members ×

Whats this? New Point .951 Franken Northwave?

ThePeonsChamp

19 minutes ago, BlueB said:

Do you leave the rear boot flat and add toe lift in front one? 

Just a bit, yes; though I did this before I was on UPZ. I'm nearly flat these days but there is a single shim of lift on the front. I do a lot with the cuff angles. My front foot cuff angle goes straight up, whereas the rear foot cuff angle is set aggressively forward. I have at times wondered what it might be like to keep the ramp in the rear foot and lose it on the front. I think there might be an advantage to having it on both ankles; because it has the effect of increasing ankle ROM in the direction you need it for compressing your body. I suspect that is why it works to have it on both feet.

Edited by queequeg

I'm an oddity (in many ways): I like 6-degree toe & heel lifts with both Deeluxe and UPZ boots.  I want more heel lift on Deeluxe for the rear foot, but I don't notice an issue with the front foot either way.  With a 6-degree toe lift, the insole is approximately flat with UPZ RC-10s.  

I've noticed that many racers use VERY large heel lifts on their rear feet.  

5 minutes ago, corey_dyck said:

I've noticed that many racers use VERY large heel lifts on their rear feet.  

I've noticed this as well — many are on UPZ or Northwaves to boot (ha!). I've been considering trying a big heel wedge this year just to see. I tried a big heel lift when I first got back on an alpine board and I didn't like having my weight shifted that far forward but I suspect I might like it now.

Edited by queequeg

Yeah, straighter boot cuff gives bigger ROM. 

I recently went from my Dalbello CarvX to AT boots. The former have way more forward lean then I ever bothered to set on the adjustable Dalebellos. I had to drop the rear heel shims from 6mm to 3mm. On the front boot, I drilled an extra hole in the walk/lock bar, so I can lock it in a more upright position. 

Hey Tramp, 

Both the yellow and the gray boots are the exact same forms. The gray boots were meant to be a less expensive version of the Point.950 yellow boots. 

All 3 boots (white, gray, and yellow) are all different types of plastic from cheapest being the white and most expensive being the yellow boots.

All materials have degraded over the years. As we now see "new" white boots being sold and breaking right away. The gray are a bit more 

stable and have kept their hardness over the years but also break around the buckles and tongue quite frequently. The yellow boot material

seems to have softened over the years but generally never break.

We will only be using the yellow version of plastic and we will be testing different % hardness of the plastic next.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer

Jennifer thank you for the detailed answer,
Well,  yellow plastic or like as yellow...

3 hours ago, Puhutes said:

We will only be using the yellow version of plastic and we will be testing different % hardness of the plastic next.

And whether offered for sale different stiffness or only one?

Various break on boots made of gray plastic, are formed due to the work of a softer spring mechanism, and the specifics of riding in extrimcarving style.
Boots made of yellow plastic, are less susceptible to the fold because of a hard spring mechanism and other riding style
Edited by Tramp

14 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Thanks Puhutes!  I assume each shell size can use different liners to accommodate different sizes.  Can you point to a chart that shows the range of sizes the various shells can handle? For example, size C, mondopoint X to Y

We will have at least 37 - 44 (EU) but we will not know for sure until the liners are completely finished. You can change the liners for your personal size and preference. That's not a problem. I don't want to quote you a size until we are 100% sure.

8 hours ago, Puhutes said:

We will have at least 37 - 44 (EU) but we will not know for sure until the liners are completely finished. You can change the liners for your personal size and preference. That's not a problem. I don't want to quote you a size until we are 100% sure.

So that's 24-27 in one shell, quite a big range.

8 minutes ago, Puhutes said:

Yes. C is already done... the rest will follow shortly A, B, C, D will be available for fall 2017. We want to make a smaller shell than A and E at a later time.

So will C be used for 37-44 EU or is that more than one shell size for that range?

Edited by Neil Gendzwill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14.12.2016 at 1:30 PM, Tramp said:

Puhutes, do I understand correctly that the stiffness of the boots Point. 951 is like Point.950?
and whether manufactured boots like Point.900?

Hello Tramp, having considered your question and suggestion, we did decide on making 2 stiffnesses.

https://www.mountain-slope.com/Point-951/

Greetings Jennifer