Note to New Members ×

recs for new helmet

FTA2R

Hi All,

My helmet is an old (I think about 10 years) Boeri with a hard ear covering (not the flaps). I think it's time to finally upgrade this, and I wouldn't mind a music-ready helmet as long as it's under $200 - any suggestions?

POC makes some real nice looking helmets

Picked up a K2 Diversion last year.  Best venting I have found so far and it comes with speakers.  First thing you are going to want to do is replace the speakers with Chips as the reviews will confirm, they are awful.  You still end up with a great helmet, that has a rachet in the back, for under $200.

Also picked up a Ruroc as the kids wanted them and we wanted to all match.  Never use it though as it's pretty geeky and has no audio.

hi FTA2R.  i'm the guy who bought your Tierney T-board.     long time.       the old Boeri that you have was a great helmet in it's time.  i had one and loved it.  now i've got a Giro that's very well rated/certified and love it.    i agree with previous comment to try as many as possible.    ordering online sight unseen is tricky if you have to pay for return shipping or restock fee.  best to have your hands on it,pre-decision.

yes, POC does look good.   nice finish quality and well rated (some helmets are unrated - another caveat)

I verified that the helmet was manufactured in '02, so now I can justify this as a "necessary" purchase :biggthump 

davekempmesiter - wow, that was a while ago, real blast from the past.  nice to hear from you again. I've been out of the alpine scene for a little while and wasn't active on BOL for a few years, but finally rode my plates a few days ago, so I guess I'm back.

not to hijack the thread, but do you still have the Tierney board?