Note to New Members ×

Mount Snow Bound

lonbordin

I'm headed to Mount Snow for spring break (March 15th through the 21st).

I've condensed the advice about Mount Snow from prior BOL posts below*.  

If anyone has any additional advice or plans to be there let me know.   :biggthump

*Definitely check out the Carinthia slopes for carving. (Upper Nitro to Titanium, Mineshaft) There are also quite a few other trails well-suited for carving: Snowdance, Southbowl (If open/groomed), Sundance.  Mineshaft gets a bit steep, but it's usually well-groomed with a nice even pitch, and wide. Snowdance has always been a favorite of mine, especially in the spring. If you can, get to Carinthia early (IE-first chair) to beat the crowds, then as lunch approaches, work your way across the hill and then back again mid-afternoon for crowd-dodging.

Been great so far... Met another hardbooter in the pro shop, great fellow. Then ran into a skwaler. He called my board a carving skwal which was different.

Cold and windy tomorrow... After this past warmup the groomers will have to perform some magic... Not a first chair day.

Been great so far... Met another hardbooter in the pro shop, great fellow. Then ran into a skwaler. He called my board a carving skwal which was different.

Cold and windy tomorrow... After this past warmup the groomers will have to perform some magic... Not a first chair day.

Sorry error... He called my Coiler Nirvana (23cm waist)... A powder skwal.

I'm hoping to get some pictures of me in the next few days, maybe even a video.  The conditions ranged from good to great. The groom was passable to good.  I actually watched the groomers from the condo a few nights... single high speed pass just dragging the sweep... definitely got the feel their time on the hill is closely monitored.  Not complaining, just stating facts.  We had a great time and I wore myself out everyday.

Here's a pic of my son that will have to do for now.

20150319_152355_012.jpg

My annual Mt. Snow trip has me on the hill Sat. (4/4). Any conditions reports this week from locals would be appreciated :-)  If conditions aren't carve friendly, I'll probably just bring a gutter stick and softies.

Edited by Bob L.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
19 hours ago, lonbordin said:

Look not on it as an burden... Look on it as an opportunity. Bring joy to those you Sherpa... They will bring you joy later.

so very true.  But no mean I am "complaining".  Just tough going from 30k-35k vertical feet a day at ATC to less than 10k a day lol.
Lower expectation :-)