Note to New Members ×

Head Stratos Pro replacement liners

crote123

I need to replace the original liner in my Stratos Pro boots. They gave me 5 good years of fit but the're done...  My local ski shops don't carry any liners and both alluded that only the liners from the original manufacturer would fit and as my boots are old (if you consider 2010 old), well, they said "Good luck!"

Any suggestions as per make, model of liner that would fit my Head's?  Any fitting info would also be appreciated.

TIA

Look into Intuition liners 

The stiffest one is called the Powerwrap+ (formally know as dalbello gold liners)

https://intuitionliners.com/product-category/the-liners/

these have less volume than the stock Deeluxe liners but are stiffer.

Any good boot fitter should carrry these liners and have box to heat and mold them for you. 

I have just dropped a new set of intuition liners into head boots.  The model I got is not listed on their website, but was designed for snowboard boots with input from the Canadian snowboard team (or so the story goes).  I believe the model is called SBC or something like that.  I tried on several liners in their showroom in Vancouver and these were by far the most comfortable.  They are much higher than the stock liners and the overlap style of cuff seemed to fit the space in the boot cuff better than the others.  Once heat molded they feel pretty sweet.

I have not ridden them yet, so can't give a definitive report.  I will check back on Monday and let you know how they work on the snow.

JJ

I don't understand why they said that only the OEM liners would fit.  That's like someone telling you that Bomber and F2 bindings aren't adjustable for different boot sizes.  Time for a new ski shop, man.  

I have the red Deeluxe 131 liners that Bomber sells in my HSPs, and they're awesome.  Super comfortable and warm and fuzzy, just like their description says.  One thing I've found is that because they're so soft, I'm having to progressively tighten my buckles tighter and tighter as the liners pack out.  I've only had them this season and I fear they'll continue to pack out to the point where I'll run out of buckle and then the boots will become loose.  Still, they're light years better than the original Head liners.  When they're all packed out, I plan on trying the 141's since they're stiffer and hopefully will last longer.  

Just a heads up:  When you do get new liners, they're going to seem like there's no way they'll fit in your boots, but as long as they're made for your boot size, they will fit.  Heat 'em up and stuff your feet in them and enjoy the 15 minutes of pain between you and glory.

I'll check out the intuitions...  I might go to one of the two retailer that carry them nera my place (about an hour's drive). They might be helpful with the bootfitting.   I'll check if they have the PowerWrap+ in stock.

thanks

I have now had an opportinity to test out the SBC....  Allow me to preface this by saying that I only have 3 days hard boot experience and one day with these liners, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

The liners seem to fit the boots quite well and fill up the upper cuff nicely.  Once molded my feet were comfortable all day.  I did not open my buckles until I got back to the car.  The liners did feel slightly looser towards the end of the day than the beginning, but it is possible that my technique was getting sloppy and I was getting thrown around more.  I tightened the buckles a notch or two over the course of the day.

One issue that I found was that my ankle bones on the inside of both ankles were a bit sore.  I was hoping new liners would remedy this, but I think that perhaps I just have bony ankles and need so spend some time with a bootfitter.

JJ

I received my Intuition  SBC Wrap liners yesterday.  Won't be able to test them out 'til the weekend.

First impressions: (Head Stratos Pro)

Much lighter than the stock liners.

Liner fit snuggly in the boot.

Stock insole is crap and I replaced it with my current Sidas insole but I had to put it back in under the Sidas insole to help fill the space.

Without molding and the clips cranked up to max, they already feel better than the stock (less pressure points).

Upper cuff sticks out about 4ins above tongue and 3ins above back boot cuff.

I'll probably need a Booster strap and use the old Head strap too for the exposed upper cuff.

I'll try them without molding first just to work them out then I'll decide if they need molding or not.

Edited by crote123