Note to New Members ×

Has Anyone Used OES Boards?

Wyethanderson

OP, I was one of the last year testers and still have a pile of boards in my garage. I like them. You'll find something for everyone in their line up. The boards are beefy, so both Medium or Hard flex can work for your weight, depending on how much oomph you wanted. 

What restrictions did OES impose when they sent you the boards in regards to distribution after review?  I've been interested in a few of their boards, but would need to ride them before I spent any money.  Any chance those boards will end up in Colorado for further demo usage?

I recently bought an OES GS 180. The board was shipped from Spain and arrived very quickly (5 days I think). It is a stock shape-not custom-with titanal construction. I've ridden it two mornings at Loveland, both times the snow was fairly soft. This board is stable and predictable and fun to ride so far. I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces on some firmer groom, and will update when I do.

I'm 5'8' 185lbs, agressive carve style / recreational racer.

Purchased the board new on fleabay directly from OES.

If the OP has questions or  Thatguy would like to ride this board pm me.

Kevin

Edited by ice
  • Like 1

What restrictions did OES impose when they sent you the boards in regards to distribution after review?  I've been interested in a few of their boards, but would need to ride them before I spent any money.  Any chance those boards will end up in Colorado for further demo usage?

Maybe we can work out something... You can email me at: 

boris at blueb dot biz 

I was looking at these on Ebay too. I was wondering how well they were constructed since they are in Spain and they're a pretty new company we don't know how their Customer service is. That being said, they seem to be asking used prices for new boards with free shipping and that is tempting. Although with the current exchange rate you can get a new custom Coiler for less.

• 2 months later...

All owners of the company is hardbooters. Chief of workers - hardbooter. Right now we'r working in Spain / Hintertux under new (World Cup 2) construction.

For US market we have special prices & delivery term.

This is Snowboard Junior World Championships 2015.

U45P5029DT20150311090242.jpg

Edited by Alexey

Alexey: this is Snowboard Junior World Championships 2015

in China, with a partizipation of an amazing high amount of 5 Western European boys and 8 Western European girls from the Alps, right?

Tugboater: I was wondering how well they were constructed since they are in Spain and they're a pretty new company

That's a very interessting question in-deed!

Read this and make Your conclusion:

As pretty "new" as we know it well from all the snowboards comming out of Artes (Spain), I have to remember what happens with Hot and Hammer snowboards, but O-Sin too.

Hot raceboards was once made in France. Hot and Hammer snowboards came out from Les Rousses (near of Geneva / border France-Switzerland) where they had been developed, tested and produced. Les Rousses is a ski resort too. So Hot was able to veryfy every shape on real slope conditions immediatly right beside manufactoring, like e.g. Kessler snowboards is able to do it too. And for exceptional tests Hot snowboards was able to reach Chamonix in 100 minutes by car. But Les Rousses and Chamonix isn't Hintertux, where OES is testing. Hintertux (Austria) is more a full tourist comfort ski resort. Hintertux offers wide open space glacier slopes and all-bulldozer made artifical snow slopes on mountain. This help to feel tourists very comfy on slopes, even if skiers and snowboarders are on poor riding skill. That's the base of the very big success of Hintertux ski area.

Hintertux has 0, (I mean ZERO) domestics riders during winter-time, because it's way to boring to ride there. Easyness of slopes and nice and fine groomed powder-snow turns Hintertux to a tourist first choice only resort.

Hot carving boards of France runs very hot on any snow and had been long living snowboards. They even perform and consist higher level hardbooting!

GS_gate_training.jpg

I mean much higher level!

Freeriding_Hot_Blast.jpeg

Then they switched after around Millenium the production of Hot and Hammer snowboards to Artes (Catalonia, Spain). There we find big Rossignol factory which do low tech and cheap mass production of ski's and snowboard's.

Hammer_snowboard_Artes.JPG

So I have to ask, which Hot carvingboards had been good and which not. The ones "Made-in-France", or the ones whithout the label "Made-in-France".

I think there are enough older reviews / discussions here on forum about decreasing fun/quality on/of Hot snowboards. Mainly even if not taking attention/knowledge about Hot was switched production from France to Artes / Catalonia. Vice versa I had to ask, why Hot and Hammer snowboards dissapeared totaly from shelves on shops? (*). Because they increase quality and riding fun, because they are reasonable products?

And again I have to ask what happens to Orginal Sin (like 4807) which became later Dynastar?

Let give me You a straight example:

These OES snowboard riders on video seems to be not able to hold edge during a turn on a very simple and easy "tourists first choice" slope. (thread: Carving in Finland. OnedgeStyle team Russia) So they crash and even more they crash together!

On the pictures I was posting here on "Tracks" thread I was carving on a Hot Shine snowboard (Made in France) which I get like new from a fleemarket for some bucks (grind base, sharp the edges, wax before riding).

The Hot carving snowboard was not a top-of-the-line board. But as you can see on the pictures Hot was making boards which are capable to be carved hard and they hold edge ever, doesn't matter on which slope condition. Thats not similar to that what softies decisions are riding OES snowboards and loosing edge gripp and crash where ever they are capable to crash. Miss-functional snowboards are realy not ready to hold edge, even not on super easy and grippy slopes. Miss-functional snowboards doesn't let carve on an easy way heavy-weight, but light-weighted snowboarders too on 7th-sky.

Well, for sure my carving tracks of picture on that rutted slope wasn't on a 100 % "tourists-first-choice-only" resort like Hintertux is. It was on a 100 % locals and domestics only resort (I mean on places where good riders goes), as like Les Rousses is it too. Even such resorts gives domestics of the Alpes the big advantage of no hundreds of oscillating and out-of-controll (and danger) "Sputniks" or "Progress-M-27M" or anything else on ski-slopes.

I hope for taking conclusion, I could give some ideas about what good and high performing carving boards are and out of where good and high performing Alpine snowboards come from.

(* I'm writing about shops around the Alps. Domestic riders have there some minimal requirements to what/how snowboards are capable to perform - and for sure on a reasonable price! On other markets (even on upcomming countrys) it's way easier to sell some piece of **** to customers. There customers take more attention to brands, style, internet based recommendations and so on, but less to overall riding performance of a shape on real slopes.)

Edited by snowmatic

The level of whining in this...and every other OES thread has led me to several conclusions:

1) it must be summer...that's when all the whiners come out to play

2) Snowmatic must have asked for a sponsorship and been denied

3) Alexey - love your videos and your ideas.

4) I can't believe some douchebag accused Swoard of ripping off Wild Duck...given that they were the same designer

5) my ignore list is expanding by the second.

• Like 2

Snowmatic, pull yourself together, man! You can't keep living off your past hits. Sure, everybody loved, "Hot Hot Snowboards, They're Hot, Hot, Hot!" and "The Alps Are Not For Boringness" but you've got to make some new material to capture the kids' imaginations. Remember when you headlined sold out arenas? You weren't just following the trends, man, you were the trend! But others are passing you by while you keep playing your old material. You won't be playing the Royal Albert Hall anymore. You'll be lucky to get the opening slot at the Holiday Inn in Poughkeepsie. Or belting out "I Am (The One Who Rips, Not You)" on the streetcorner, shaking a cup for spare change. You're better than that, man. Do it for the kids!

We located in Spain because France, Germany, Austria, Swiss have very expencive and complicated entry ticket for start production business by foreign citizens.

Left Spain, Italy & Czech.

Spain was mistake.

Right place is South Tirol but....we located in Spain. Till.

• 1 year later...