Note to New Members ×

Buckling up Deeluxe 325

speleoluc

Hi,

I currently ride old SB 124 Raichle boots in size 30. They're a bit oversize and this could be what causes my shin pain.

Last Saturday I had the chance to try both the 225T and 325 boots in size 29. While I could buckle up the 225, albeit starting with toes, then top, then middle, I couldn't close the 325 (even swapping liners). it's only on the toe buckle that I could make the buckle and the toothplate meet. Is this normal? Can the 325 ship with short buckles on a 29 shell?

I would prefer the 325 as the 225 seem a bit soft for my 210 lbs+.

I understand the Deeluxe boots are expensive for what they are, but I can't find the UPZ or Head boots in a store (Montreal, Qc, Canada), and buying boots online without ever trying them before seems very risky.

Advice welcome.

I would say the key will be to mold the thermofit liners in the boots  - should be fine then as they will shape to your foot & leg and make room.

I have huge calves and wide feet and I get into a 29 in my Deeluxe shells - better fit out of the box once the liners are molded than anyother snowboard or ski boot I've owned.

Just make sure they fit properly. My deeluxe boots were a nightmare from day 1 and my upz are amazing. But horses for courses.

Upz, narrow heel, wider toe box, lower volume

Deeluxe, wide heel, narrow toe, higher volume

So, if one doesn't fit properly, the other probably will. Ivan at www.carver.si stocks upz and you can get them without 20% vat and very low shipping rates, which makes them much more reasonably priced than getting them in the US. He gave me great advice regarding size and boot choice when my deeluxe didn't fit.