Note to New Members ×

Rainwear

skatha

I was at one mountain in Quebec and they were handing out garbage bags when it was pouring rain mid-March.  Worked surprisingly well and was hilarious to see the lift loaded and folks coming down all wearing plastic bags with holes punch through. Didn't get too hot as they were so baggy.

:biggthump Rained so hard we dumped water out of our boots when we finally packed it in. Have rain coats as well as Wet Skins. Garbage bags work the best of all because of their bagginess they breath so your don't sweat and soak yourself. Use one with the bottom cut out and tuck it in to your pants  and let it drape over your knees (protects your butt on the chair and thighs  wear the other like a poncho. Dollar stores also sell a rain cape for $1 so you get a little more sleeve protection. Only drawback is the flapping of the bags drowns out much of a chance of hearing others. In the old days resorts  would give you a plastic poncho for free that was when lift tickets were $30. Now they are $90 and you buy the poncho. If you forget to bring a bag hit up the cleaning staff at first hint of rain before their supervisor tells them not to give away bags. If your looking to stay stylish stay home !

• Like 1

Vintage Burton Rain pull over , it is dark slate gray brown, soft supple rubber that is tough but not too heavy.  Length is well past the knees and has allot of adjustments and vents.  Best darn rain set up I have seen yet.  Oddly , I just pulled it out of storage two days ago, however, I don't ride in the rain much these days.  It RAINED really hard on Hood Saturday . 

Bryan 

I then use glove liners  inside of water proof work glove with a  soft woven cuff at the wrist.  They are made for brick masons, etc. 

You can find them in colors that don't scream "Haz Mat" or "Janitor" .  These are good to have in the rig if you do chains too. 

Whether or not I actually want to be out riding in that kind of crap is another question.

... it's the only question. I've been at Fernie a couple of times when it's been snowing up top but soaking rain at the base, and that was always my cue to head for the bar.

Well, considering we flew to Seattle from Houston, prepaid for the condo and the lift tix.....

My real issue was the rain dripping off my helmet and down my back. I tried to put on my neck gaiter, but....and it was raining until about 1200 meters, then it was freezing rain.

Surprisingly, one of my Canadian coworker mentioned the garbage bag, too....and it won't take up too much room in the bag....