Note to New Members ×

Good shop for major base repair?

wvrocks

I royally messed up my Coiler AM's base responding to a lift evac last weekend. Talked to Bruce and it might not be worth repairing due to the cost of shipping and repairs. Does anyone have a shop they would trust to fix this mess? East coast would be best to keep shipping cost down. Thanks! 710a0d78a7aee704e11e391e49c65ea6.jpge21df0ffbfe1aad2f721bafea6c69b0d.jpgb9194154b240a5b73060a0d8485af9be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of prep work to get down to the root of the issue. I'd say your looking at a whole new Base for the entire board to return it to being a useful board again. Depends on whether the edge can be repaired without  replacing it entirely as well. Ptex repairs are never very permanent since they are always of softer material than the original base material. Looks like in the second photo you've actually torn through the Titinal  layer as well.  Even if you repair the other damage over time the Titinal may continue to fracture along the same path. Sorry for your loss, a sacrifice above and beyond the call of duty. 

I can't help, but what happened? Did you jib to a stop on the lift tower mounting bolts? Looks nasty...

Conditions were much thinner than expected. It looked rideable but was actually a weird breakable crust with lots of fluff underneath. And rocks. Lots of rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Startingate in VT.

They repaired base and sidewall damage that was similar to that on a board of mine. No titanal on mine though, that may change things IDK.

This was about 7 years ago. I put a lot of days on that board after the repair it it has held up perfectly. I do not baby my boards when I ride them.

Squeeze down the bumps fill it up with ptex and ride on ! Don't waste any real $$ on a repair, experiment with it. You may have to inject some epoxy under the lifted ptex where the edge is sticking up and clamp it down before you fill the voids with ptex. There are a few posts of others who have repaired delams you might pick up some ideas. If it works you will have a nice rock board which will help extend the life of your next new purchase. Good Luck !