Note to New Members ×

Mt Bachelor 14-15

Mr.E

Pretty awesome day today - PM groomed runs (Skyliner liftline, Leeway, Ed's, Kangaroo) were firm, smooth and grippy.    Portlanders other than Dan, you're missing some good carving.   

See you at Sunrise bright and early tomorrow!

Edited by Mike T

Probably some of the best groomers of the season today (unless Dan is reading this, in which case it sucked).  Thanks for visiting, we'll plan for a big session next season.

Glad to hear that I didn't miss anything today then.  :AR15firin  :AR15firin  :AR15firin

Oh well, can't win 'em all. I'm sure you guys left some trenches for me :) 

It was fun riding with you guys on Friday / Saturday. Thanks for sharing your encyclopedic knowledge of what runs are good at what times!

Edited by Dan

"Neener neener" to those who decided to skip the trip down... better carving snow over the past 4 days than any of the official OES's.   Nice riding with Mark, Dane, Dan, Keenan, and Rick - sorry I missed you Evan!

I'm a truly sucky photographer armed only with an iPhone, but here are a few from today:

post-43-0-06462900-1424739047_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-34591500-1424739055_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike T

• 2 weeks later...

Epic carving today... most of the day spent on Outback, alternating between Downunder, Kangaroo and "Kangarang" - Boomerang was last groomed Monday but by noon had caught just enough sun to be quite cartable.   (Kangarang:   upper half of Kangaroo and then cross over to Boomerang either above its headwall or just under...)

Race all day on TBird but as once they took to gates down I went over there and holy s&it was it a special kind of grippy!    

Outback coverage has been helped greatly by the 9 new inches last weekend.  Still gotta be careful as you approach the lift.  

Lots of corn on the frontside today.   Outback was epic hero groom and stayed good and firm until about 1:00.  West Boundary was still carveable when I left at 2.       Collegiate nationals ends tomorrow so we get T-Bird back on Sunday.   Saw lots of Oxxess BX boards as well as a few Kesslers today.   

23rd thru the 27th

Well the snow at home is on it’s way out. And with a new board on the way in I am heading back down to Bachelor. I will Travel in on Sunday, ride Monday thru Friday and travel home Saturday. Hopefully the locals have some sick days and hall passes left.

23rd thru the 27th

Well the snow at home is on it’s way out. And with a new board on the way in I am heading back down to Bachelor. I will Travel in on Sunday, ride Monday thru Friday and travel home Saturday. Hopefully the locals have some sick days and hall passes left.

Is dkp traveling with you?  Might be able to make it.

23rd thru the 27th

Are you trying to make me jealous or something?  :AR15firin  :AR15firin

Heck, Octavio got out of his cast last week, I should see if he wants to head down. However, I suspect his wife would have some strong feelings about that.  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Keep an eye on the weather and snowpack... It's looking none too favorable right now. I haven't been riding for several days and it looks like conditions could suck for another full week. if we don't get some snow, and fast, I could see bachelor shutting it down after spring break.

Edit:   http://www.mtbachelor.com/site/tickets/season_pass/springtacular/spring_passes -Bachelor seems to think they will be able to continue to operate.   

Edited by Mike T

Are you trying to make me jealous or something?  :AR15firin  :AR15firin

Heck, Octavio got out of his cast last week, I should see if he wants to head down. However, I suspect his wife would have some strong feelings about that.  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Talked to the Doc on scene at the crash and he said Octavio is good to go. Where is Igor?

Good point, Igor has a new Coiler that he's probably itching to ride. I'll hook you guys up on e-mail and see if you can get any traction. Tough times here because it's been either warm and sunny or raining for the last couple of weeks. 

If any one is planning on riding more than 2 days you should pick up a spring pass before the sale ends on Monday.  $149.00.  Long range forecast says it's going to snow a little.

http://www.mtbachelor.com/site/tickets/season_pass/springtacular/spring_passes

Never mind, not valid until the 30th.  See below...

Edited by Keenan