Note to New Members ×

Mt Bachelor 14-15

Mr.E

Yeah, right there in front of my face. No wonder I didn't see it, doi. Hey Bryan, I'm doing well, hope the sames with you. Between horrible conditions up here and timing, I'm still looking for my first turns of the season. Thanks for leading me to the info trough. :smashfrea

I am just glad to hear you are still out there eating BACON!!!  More BACON PLEASE!!

I have a number of issues on going but getting a few days in here and there.  Being retired helps to lower the pressure overall. 

Truck is  not running good at the moment, bad miss, good enough to go the store but not Bachelor. 

If the guys keep the conditions flowing. I will try to get down there in the next couple weeks.  

Taxes, then truck, then cash then Bachelor!! 

I am just glad to hear you are still out there eating BACON!!!  More BACON PLEASE!!

I have a number of issues on going but getting a few days in here and there.  Being retired helps to lower the pressure overall. 

Truck is  not running good at the moment, bad miss, good enough to go the store but not Bachelor. 

If the guys keep the conditions flowing. I will try to get down there in the next couple weeks.  

Taxes, then truck, then cash then Bachelor!! 

If the weather forecast  is correct, next week could really hurt, and the rocks could sprout.  Although last year I had the best powder day I've had in about 10 years on May 9th.

If the weather forecast  is correct, next week could really hurt, and the rocks could sprout.  Although last year I had the best powder day I've had in about 10 years on May 9th.

Yeah, I've been watching the forecast for the past week. It's gone from clear that week to a day of rain, then 2 days of rain, then no rain, now 3 days in a row starting tuesday. I'll be holding off on making reservations until the last moment. Congrats on your retirement Bryan!

• 2 weeks later...

I will probably regret this in a few months, but even though we are still open daily, I'm done.  I don't mind using a rock board early season but I can't stand using one late season.  Unless we get a freak cold, wet front I can't see Bachelor staying open for more than another 2 weeks.

http://www.mtbachelor.com/site/plan/info/winterconditions

Bryan, if you're gonna come, come NOW.   And call them to make sure they plan to remain open during the week.   It's mighty thin at the bottoms of the lifts.    Coverage is good until about 3/4 of the way down the lower lifts, and doesn't get horrible until you're right near the bottom.   Summit is still good but it softens so quickly that if you're not there right and 9:00 you'll miss it.   That said, I managed to carve until 11:30 today and have fun.   The last hour was all Leeway, gets a little more shade than the other groomers and stayed firmer longer.   Both boards I rode today need to be cleaned, badly.   Lots of dirty snow. 

Edited by Mike T

If anyone is interested in prolonging your season, I just found out that I can get $39.00 tickets (2 per day) until we close.  This is one of the pass holder perks.  Hurry while the snow lasts.  The forecast is actually calling for a little fresh later this week.

If anyone is interested in prolonging your season, I just found out that I can get $39.00 tickets (2 per day) until we close.  This is one of the pass holder perks.  Hurry while the snow lasts.  The forecast is actually calling for a little fresh later this week.

LOL, I thought you said you were done :) 

The lifties were trading "mud skimming" instead of pond skimming today.   

Brief , but nice road trip to Mt Bachelor.   Good to finally make it down there even if it was reduced terrain and snow.   Here are a few photos from the 4 days at Bach. 

Bottom of the Pine Martin Chair (main lodge) , snow harvesting has been used to provide the white path back to the chairlift. 

post-158-0-92049500-1431455648_thumb.jpg

Bottom of Skyliner Chair,  getting pretty thin. 

post-158-0-97946000-1431455687_thumb.jpg

With the Summit Chair open, allot more vertical and acreage are available. 

post-158-0-89665800-1431455716_thumb.jpg

Looking down at Cinder Cone , devoid of snow . 

post-158-0-92383400-1431456204_thumb.jpg