Note to New Members ×

Mt Bachelor 14-15

Mr.E

Really nice, carvable conditions today. A little crunchy in the sun/ wind worn spots, but pretty comfortable most of the rest of the mountain. The little bit of fresh seems to have opened up a bunch of the in-between spaces. Pretty warm still- probably low 40's. I bonked my head and took an early day, but the runs up until then were really nice.

10932613_438624216295021_846828277_n.jpg

@Keenan... where are folks meeting for SNOES and on which days?   Back in the OES days we used to meet in the Sunrise lot/lodge/lift.    I might recommend we do the same for SNOES... much easier to find each other than if we meet at West Village.   

Looks like nuthin' but sun and warm temps.   We could do worse.  

Hey Mike, as far as I know, we haven't gotten that far yet :)

Meeting at Sunrise sounds good to me, but do you know if I'll be able to redeem a 3-pack there?

Also, TBD, but I may be driving from Portland on Friday, which will get me on the hill on the later side. Could someone PM me your cell # so I can meet up with you guys on the hill if so?

@Keenan... where are folks meeting for SNOES and on which days?   Back in the OES days we used to meet in the Sunrise lot/lodge/lift.    I might recommend we do the same for SNOES... much easier to find each other than if we meet at West Village.   

Looks like nuthin' but sun and warm temps.   We could do worse.  

Sunrise makes sense, especially since that's where the best early runs seem to be lately.  Looks like slightly colder temps are predicted.

Guys... I would love to take over Mt. Bachlor with a hard-plate gang of carvers...  But, the conditions are not looking good to me.  I've got to pick my windows of opportunity as I'm 'married with kids'...  

In other words I'm not going to make the trip to Mt. Bachlor this weekend  :freak3:

I would love to see pictures...  ONLY if the conditions suck...  Otherwise please please don't rub my face in them  :smashfrea

I do predict snow for March.  I've anecdotaly studied the jet steam and it has to bounce back down again...  I think that's when we get big dumps of snow... in the transitions from one extreme to the other...  Looks like about 7-10 days from now we'll see something interesting, and hopefully white.

If So, Then how about a re-match?

Looking forward to the carving this weekend. Is anyone going to be up on Friday?

Yeah, we are meeting at the Sunrise base area.  I might be a little late, broke a toe bail and stripped a boot bolt in the last week and am scrambling to get repairs/replacements.  The snow is has been pretty firm until about 10:30 anyway.

Has anyone been up in the last few days? I see inversion like temps;

http://www.mtbachelor.com/24.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was up yesterday with my 6 year old, and going up skiing tomorrow.  Good stuff on the front side.  I've talked to a lot of peeps from WA, CA and PDX and it seems we have the best around. New forecast looks like temps aren't supposed to get above 35 this weekend.  

And yes, if it is awesome, we will rub it in.

Edited by Keenan

Yep, I am on the fence also. 

My guess it is better than Hood but then it is also allot more expense.   Typically I want to have either good pow or good groomed to justify a trip. 

I definitely need to make a trip to use my 4 pass.   Watching condition reports. 

BTW , the lower slopes at Crystal are closed as of 02/06/15

Mt Hood's Ski Bowl is BARE!!

The last quote I heard was we are at 10% of normal snow pack depth. 

Rode for a couple hours today 10:30 - 12:30.   Best carving was on Kangaroo and Leeway.   Coverage off the Pine Marten chair was excellent, as is the top 2/3 of the Outback runs.   The bottoms of the Outback runs... are showing quite a few bare spots.    Death cookies on TBird, never made farther east than Coffee.   

I expect the grooming to be smoother with the colder temps... albeit firmer snow.