Note to New Members ×

I'm a board junkie

breeseomatic

I'm down to four that I regularly ride, one I'm considering selling, plus an old loaner board. Mind you, I have practically zero powder access so I only have boards for groomers.

I was up around 10 for a while, but the new shapes/metal boards are so versatile that each one replaces two or more older fiberglass boards.

I'm down to four that I regularly ride, one I'm considering selling, plus an old loaner board. Mind you, I have practically zero powder access so I only have boards for groomers.

I was up around 10 for a while, but the new shapes/metal boards are so versatile that each one replaces two or more older fiberglass boards.

Well.  My experience has been opposite of what you had. I had +10 new shapes/materials boards and few old 'Legendary' boards.  Riding back to back to see if they are suitable for me and now I'm down to +4 old boards and just 1 new shape/materials board and few powder boards.  Good thing is .. I learn more how to ride on various conditions with old sticks.  Downside is ... I don't get to post one here.  :)

I usually bring one all arounder and one specialty stick based on what I want to do that day. GS/ SL/ Powder, or "fall back" to the all arounder.  I find that I have culled a decent amount of redundancy (I used to have 3-5 180-185 GS decks, a couple SL, etc) to one example I like per "catagory". Still too many snowboards around as I'm not a collector, but I have fun.

*There are a couple of random beat sticks with no value I keep around as possible loaners or future skateboards.

Edited by Mr.E

fortunately, for the sake of my marriage, my gourmet tastes are held in check by my food bank budget :nono:

That said I just traded (more or less) the 1st board I ever owned for a new split, an old favorite all mt. and a vintage alpine sl(so pretty) :1luvu:

so much for thinning the herd,

Like Big Canuk says, the quiver inhales, the quiver exhales, If you call yourself a collector it's not a disease it's a job like Kurt & Bryan

Old pic doesn't include recent yrs quiver breaths but goes to show you don't need much money to be a gear hore. :eplus2:

4625296387_416da83e40_z.jpg

only a dozen or so skis between the wife & I

Edited by b0ardski

fortunately, for the sake of my marriage, my gourmet tastes are held in check by my food bank budget :nono:

That said I just traded (more or less) the 1st board I ever owned for a new split, an old favorite all mt. and a vintage alpine sl(so pretty) :1luvu:

so much for thinning the herd,

Like Big Canuk says, the quiver inhales, the quiver exhales, If you call yourself a collector it's not a disease it's a job like Kurt & Bryan

Old pic doesn't include recent yrs quiver breaths but goes to show you don't need much money to be a gear hore. :eplus2:

4625296387_416da83e40_z.jpg

only a dozen or so skis between the wife & I

Thx Troy!!! I wish I still had that MADD BX board.... I have the Texlium version (or whatever they called it)

Comin to Schweitzer on the 6th!!! Hope to see you there