Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2015 - January 16-18

Riceball

Here are the dates for the 2015 Nakiska Expression Session.

• Friday, January 16, 2015.
  • Saturday, January 17, 2015.
  • Sunday, January 18, 2015.

Saturday night Ann and I will host everyone at our place for pizza, drinks and photo/video viewing.

Detailed itinerary coming soon.

Spread the word!

• 1 month later...

I have been talking to Nakiska Events staff and hope to have the event up in their Events Calendar soon. I have been out there twice so far and the conditions haven't been that great. Hopefully things will improve with the new snow and cooler temperatures. I hope to get out there this week, if I ever get over my holiday flu.

The event is posted:

Friday, January 16, 2015 : Nakiska Expression Session 2015   Every January a group of Canadian snowboard carvers get together and congregate at a Nakiska, ski hill in Kananaskis Country, Alberta. This hill is where the 1988 Olympic Alpine events took place. The Naksiska Expression Session (NES) is in it's 8th year and sees riders from all over western Canada attend. Steve (Riceball) Recsky coordinates the event, takes photos and opens his home to everyone on Saturday night for picture/video viewing, pizza and beer. If you are interested in attending this hard-booter event, you can contact Riceball via the Bomberonline Forum or just show up and ride! This event is organized independently of Nakiska and RCR. For more information please contact Steve Recsky at 403-389-6462 or steve.recsky@first4db.com

http://www.skinakiska.com/things-to-do/eventsDetail.aspx?e=3578

I was out today, the snow is horrid. They were grooming Ralley alley, it might be open tomorrow but Upper North Axe is still piled up and in need of some work. Legacy also looks like a MTB trail with trees everywhere but they did have one gun going. The last few days have dropped small amounts of snow, but just enough to make dust on crust. You best bring your skates for Mighty Peace as it is a solid slab of ice. I didn't hit the upper mountain as the racer kids were up there and there is dirt showing everywhere else and besides, I was trying some new twin skwals. Yeah, that's what I'll call them.

Unless the conditions get dramatically better, I'll probably not come up this year, but if I did it would probably only be either Sat or Sun. I did get in on the $200 pass though, so once things get better, I would look forward to a day out. I'd be interested in getting some of the intermediate types together with a video camera to have a day to slow down and work on technique.