Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2015 - January 16-18

Riceball

There's other options. Neil/Corey, I'd do a day at KH with you that weekend. Or we could day trip it to Fernie, just because. Have car, will go where the snow is good.

Weather forecast for next week is warm, sunny, no freaking snow. If I'd paid more than $200 for that season pass, I'd be grumbling right now. How the hell is there nearly a foot of snow in my backyard, and 9cm at the hill?

Edited by Allee

Sounds good to me. I'll watch conditions and decide this weekend. I roughed up a board at Sunshine a few years ago, not really interested in more of that if possible.

I'm game for going wherever the snow is best. I'll pack my 'all-mountain-est' board. ;)

Sounds decent to me. I think you both (Allee & Neil) have my cell #, ending in 3278. Early morning departure? Let me know when/where, I'll be there.

I'm fighting some sickness right now. REALLY hoping I'm better by next week. I just had a bout of pneumonia before Xmas, this feels similar... I'm hoping for the best and monitoring carefully!

I was there last weekend and just kept hitting up North Axe and it was just fine. I just had trouble keeping my feet warm.

I'll be riding tomorrow so will give you an updated report then. They should have Upper North Axe knocked down by then.

I'll also be speaking withe the Events Coordinator about grooming that weekend.

Stay tuned!

Awesome day today. About -2C. Crowds were crazy, but it didn't affect riding much. Snow was really good where I was riding, although I stayed away from the high traffic areas. Upper North Axe is now open however it kicked my ass. I would say the score today was steep section 3 me 2.

Another great day of riding today at Nakiska with some new snow to make things extra carvey. Found some new hard booters and invited them out for next weekend. Followed that up with a hot tub and a beer which made for a great overall day. Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend.

I'll be staying at the Banff Boundary Lodge.  I can pick you up most mornings.  Friday for sure.  Saturday I might head to Steve's after riding then coming back to Canmore much later that evening.  Sunday I'll be heading for back for Edmonton once my legs give out.  So it's your call on Saturday and you'll have to find another ride for Sunday.

If I can help out PM me.  I could probably meet you at the Tim Horton's while I grab a tea and biscuity thing for breakfast.  My plan is to leave Timmie's by 7:40 to be rolling into Nakiska by 8:30-8:45. 

Dave

• Like 1

While the warm weather is wonderful in town, 'I find the lack of snow disturbing".

Looking at the conditions for Fernie and KH for Sat - Fernie is described as "hard packed" and KH has nothing nice to say, so therefore isn't saying anything at all.

There's snow in the forecast for both tomorrow though, so fingers crossed ...

Have fun tomorrow.

Steve I'm hoteling it this time at the Aloft, which is on Banff Trail near McMahon Stadium.  I have a rental car so I can make it on my own steam if that's not convenient.

Okay, thanks. If you want to truck-pool let me know and you can meet Corey and I at my place. If not, we'll just see you there. Departure time from the Recsky household will be 7:30am tomorrow morning.