Note to New Members ×

ECES 2014 Stratton

Hilux

Thanks Ryan for all the hard work, not just in taking these photos but also the time and effort to edit and crop them. They are amazing and they me look like I might almost know what I am doing. I also like the goofy sandwich picture on the lift! Brilliant.

Enjoyed this, thanks for sharing, Hilux! If you shoot Canon, a great "budget" pro lens you could step up to is the 70-200 f/4 L, without IS. About $700 and sharp as heck with great color. Relatively small and light for a 70-200.

Thanks Jack! I'm a Pentaxian so quite limited to lenses...especially that are weather resistant at a decent price. I've been checking out a Pentax DA* 60-250 F4 but it's pricey. I'm at the point I'll be switching systems completely or taking the plunge with that lens as it fits the bill for what I mostly shoot in the winter/summer and it would be hard parting with the K5. That's an amazing price though for that Canon an exactly what I'm looking for for focal length, and weight...as much as I'd like to have a 2.8. Perhaps I'll take this to the OT thread.

P.S sorry to hear about your card issues. BJ was showing me his camera with the dual slots....would be nice having that redundancy and something I'm considering for next body. The pics you managed to save are super crisp though!

Edited by Hilux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...