Note to New Members ×

Early season riding roll call

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, I could be persuaded to go to Stratton, if you go this weekend hit me up.

Steph and I will be out at Stratton Saturday and Sunday Morning for an hour or two.

They will have 4 runs open. (real runs)

If I still rode hard boots I probably would not go out (looks like trails won't be full width). But I will be out in soft boots or skis.

Who knows it could turn out being good.

wind hold to start the morning..all the ricky racers from 4 different programs clogging 3 small runs until Locke and Barker finally opened..windhold again at noon. Shut it down but did get some great runs. Snow was very firm and great carving. Able to get 2 runs on new-to-me Sidewinder Standards. Definitely need more time to ride to appreciate I guess but I fear I prfer the stiffer feel of stepins.

Dare I say it is near mid season conditions here in Aspen? Well mid-season compared to these last two low snow years...either way, we aren't complaining. See you in FEB!

Looks great! Looking forward to SES but don't want it to get here TOO quickly, 'cause that will mean my season is a third of the way done ;-)

Finally got my DAY 1 in yesterday. MHM (Mt Hood Meadows, Oregon) Riding a Tinkler TNT with modded BP . Here is a short clip of a run down North Canyon, unedited. It should give you a pretty good idea of the conditions. Better than I expected. You might want to take some Dramamine prior to watching this, hand held camera :) They have done pretty good with less than a 24" base.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8AMM_hT-R40?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally got my DAY 1 in yesterday. MHM (Mt Hood Meadows, Oregon) Riding a Tinkler TNT with modded BP . Here is a short clip of a run down North Canyon, unedited. It should give you a pretty good idea of the conditions. Better than I expected. You might want to take some Dramamine prior to watching this, hand held camera :) They have done pretty good with less than a 24" base.

smileyvault-puke.gif

Should have heeded your advice :D Looked like a great day though. Still pretty sparse covering around here...and raining.

Bryan it kinda looks like you were dealing with some small 'death cookies' on those trails also.

Yes, especially lower on the mountain. It had rained the week before and they had to "Work" the snowpack pretty hard.

I saw you got your first day in yesterday too! We currently have the coldest driest snow we typically see all winter. Unlike your area, ours is pretty heavy snow typically. I didn't feel them much, the plate sucked up allot of it. Carve on!!

post-198-14184240148_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842401474_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842401477_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm late to the game this season, but I finally got out this evening. New RC-10s are the schnizit. I just upgraded from RTRs and I am completely stoked on their performance. I was concerned they'd be too soft, but no, they rocked.

On the other hand I blew the stitching out of the Shoxter power straps they use. Stunning how much control was lost when the powerstrap gave out. I had no idea how much of a difference they actually made to riding. When the powerstrap on the back leg failed, the whole boot felt completely loose, and it was difficult to hold heelsides together. I actually slid out,mcaught my toeside edge in a heel-to-toe transition and slammed. I'll have those straps re-sown this weekend.

Anyway it felt great to finally rip some turns again.

Dave

Edited by Puddy Tat