Note to New Members ×

Which liner for your UPZ RC10 ?

Surf Quebec

I used the FLO at first but had a little heel lift with my small ankles and eventually packed them out a bit anyway. I used Deeluxe Speed Reds for one season but had to punch out the toe box because the high-volume liners were taking up far too much room. Next I did custom Surefoot liners and have been very happy. Surefoot is great if you can justify the expense. Surefoot liners are not warm, IMHO, as they only have a thin neoprene toe area similar to the FLOs.

Edited by ExcelsiorTheFathead

I really like the FLO liners in my RTRs. As for warmth, I worried about that and got some Boot Gloves. I've only used them twice -- if it's in the teens (F) or above I'm fine without. At 0 F I might still be OK but use the gloves. No problem at all. I have the regular ones; they have extra-thick ones as well.

Edited by teach
hit some key by mistake

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try the FLO liner soon, if I have to change liners I'll probably go with the Palau overlap hard liner as I find (in my living room) that I can flex the RC10 so much more than the Head Stratos Pro, wider travelling and way easier to flex. I'm very surprised on how I can flex the boots.

I did not play with the spring system yet (and I'm not in walk mode....)

• 2 weeks later...

I was using a Raichle Thermoflex sz 28 in a 27.5 UPZ and it was a snug fit and near-perfect (only because I need my shell punched in one spot...had the issue with other liners too). Liners are getting old so got a pair of Palau's sz 28 and the liner fits no problem but I haven't molded them yet. These were used only a couple of times and molded by previous owner and when I put my foot in, it felt surprisingly good. I've done fairly extensive research and read on other ski forums where people commonly upsize and Intuition seems to recommend it. I'm sure others have had good results with same size liner as shell though.

Currently using stock FLO liners on black RC10. Will put Intuition Powerwrap liners for one spot that bothers me soon although I love the response of FLO liners. I highly doubt that other liners will outperform FLO liners on performance. If you are looking for comfort or warmthness, yup there are better liners out there.

• 4 weeks later...