Note to New Members ×

Ladies and Gentleman…may I (re)introduce…the (in)famous….CMC

fin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Curt,

It's good to see you back on BOL, and I hope to take some runs with you this season. I plan on being at least at the tail end of the ECES. I can't make any promises about bringing the Bucket of Love*, (the other BOL) but if I do, we will FEAST!!! I can promise to have a beer or two at least.

Congrats on the new baby. Being a father may change your riding style, so be careful. You may end up riding more like me and the other poor souls that don't get many riding days in a season: coveting every single minute available on the mountain, doing top to bottom speed runs until the legs give out, and then keep riding until they close the lifts.

It has been a trip seeing some of the older names mentioned. It's funny to hear about CF and sometimes when i drink Jameson's I think of his lengthy, crazy and entertaining rants. It would be good to see/hear from PSR again, too. Does anyone know what he's up to these days?

I changed my online name when i had to re-register on the new site, and haven't posted much, but plan on getting back into the habit again. Even though I've been at this a while (Snurfing since '73), there's always new stuff to learn and this forum is the place to get info you won't find anywhere else. Fin and the others that keep this site going don't get enough thanks! BOL deserves a Bucket of Love from the whole alpine community.

I wish everyone a great season!!!

Think Snow!!!!

Mike Tokar

*For those that care to know, the Bucket of Love is a pasta salad with smoked mozzerella cheese, prosciutto chunks and other tidbits of goodness that is a staple on multi-day snowboard and mountain bike trips. It was kept in a large plastic container and after a hard day of riding one of my friends said it was a bucket of love, and the name stuck. I can post the recipe on the waaaaay OFF TOPIC forum.

Well, well, well... what a surprise to see your return. I relish your presence. If you still see Bill Loftus every now and then, give him my kindest regards.

Word.

EDIT:

*For those that care to know, the Bucket of Love is a pasta salad with smoked mozzerella cheese, prosciutto chunks and other tidbits of goodness that is a staple on multi-day snowboard and mountain bike trips. It was kept in a large plastic container and after a hard day of riding one of my friends said it was a bucket of love, and the name stuck. I can post the recipe on the waaaaay OFF TOPIC forum.

Please do. I'd like to check out this BoL and eat it, literally.

Edited by LeeW

Are you still using your old email address? The hotmail address?

My asianavenue is long defunct for good number of years. Last we talked to each other via email was April 7, 2005.

So I'll be sending a line to your hotmail address to do a "sound check" as well as come back here to double check if your hotmail is still valid in case if I got nothing back on my personal inbox.

EDIT: I just tried and it bounced. It's definitely defunct email address of yours. I'll try to send a line through bomberonline bbs.

EDIT 2: Nope, your email is turned off as well. Could you send me an email?

Edited by LeeW

I just got a message from the old Vlad...just the other day...

I smell a family reunion starting to brew..

Ja, don't vorgot me so i vood go as whell.. das its gute..minien frau..

Right Said Shred

Shred,

We shall get drunk at the ECES and wait for your girl to call asking where you are.

Right said CMC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure you don't remember but back in 2002 or so you tuned my first new Coiler...Made that thing sing!

Between you and Todd Brown and the Plankton crew...Well, you guys made my week at my first expression session when I was completely lost...Great memories!