Note to New Members ×

Fintec cable and liner issues

Hilux

I recently switched back to the Flo liner for the UPZ RC10 and have noticed that the cable for fintec is really digging into my ankle. I've tried taping it different ways, thin foam, cardboard and nothing makes it better. I was using old Raichle thermo's that are very thick so I didn't notice it at all but they were taking up too much space in the shell. Any suggestions?

Hilux, maybe try this if you haven't already. Figure out the best routing for the cable (around the back of the ankle bone works best for me). Then cut strips of Gorilla Tape (Duct Tape will work, but Gorilla Tape is the snizz) 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", etc., the length of the cable in the shell. Lay the strips alongside of the cable forming a 'ramp' or taper up to the height of the cable. Thus making a 'channel' for the cable to lie in. Then put a full width strip (or two) over top of the cable and the built up 'tapered' area to hold everything in place. I feel the key is to build the area along side of the cable to the same height (thickness) as the cable and have a smooth transition flowing to the shell.

I recently switched back to the Flo liner for the UPZ RC10 and have noticed that the cable for fintec is really digging into my ankle. I've tried taping it different ways, thin foam, cardboard and nothing makes it better. I was using old Raichle thermo's that are very thick so I didn't notice it at all but they were taking up too much space in the shell. Any suggestions?

Hilux, I had the same problem and have posted my solution in a couple of threads on Bomber. Click the link below.

Switch the heels over and route the cable up the inside of your heel. I have at least one convert on Bomber who now rides pain free.

SunSurfer

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?36605-Intec-cable-heel-pain-I-ve-found-something-simple-that-works-for-me

Edited by SunSurfer
more detail added

Ok just for clarification I ride step-ins. Hilux is a local and someone I ride with regularly. I was being facetious. That is why I was directing the previous comment to check out my signature. Not looking to cause a rift between those on conventional bindings and those that prefer step-ins.