Note to New Members ×

2013 Northeast Session

CaRtharsis

Good idea !

Here is shameless plug:

For those looking for a pow board : http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?38898-Dynastar-3800-163

For a slalom board : http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39020-Selling-SG-163-Full-Race-T-2012

I'll be there on tuesday and wednesday so no shipping cost !

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea !

Here is shameless plug:

For those looking for a pow board : http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?38898-Dynastar-3800-163

For a slalom board : http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39020-Selling-SG-163-Full-Race-T-2012

I'll be there on tuesday and wednesday so no shipping cost !

Not shameless at all...I've been eyeing that 3800 for a while especially after all the snowfall. I'm only worried that it will be too short and possibly redundant given I have a Coiler AMT 171 that Bruce says rocks in the pow. Please bring it and convince me I need it ;)

I will be bringing the Osin 4807 (168cm) and another twin tip Osin(167cm). Does anyone need spare soft boot bindings? I do have a couple pairs-just dont feel like bringing gear I wont use. If someone needs something, I can bring it., 4 alpine boards, 185 Donek FC Metal, 182 Coiler PRT, Coiler Schtubby 173 and Madd 158 F3 and my powder sticks if I decide to be a non-knuckle dragger for a day or two. Looks like we're about to hit just right!

I'm way late to this thread (2013 Feb) but just back from Utah. Brought hard and soft boot carve setup out there. Again: ya have to pick your mountain. Some places great for carving(Solitude) others were not my scene:Park City and Canyons. I'm up for going anywhere in eastern US next year (2014). I'm still skidding around and need easy trails and some coaching but am completely addicted to the feel of "life on the edge". I'll follow this thread or tell me if there's a new one started for next year (2014) season. I'm in! Brad

Hi All! Day one on the hill was a bit of hard work... some fresh snow on top of the groom. Cooler temperatures tomorrow and fresh grooming should bring us good cord :)

The plan so far is Jay Peak tomorrow (Monday), and Owl's Head Tuesday/Wednesday for $20 tickets. Because Jay's weather is a bit cooler and temperatures are near zero here, we may look at Jay for more days later in the week. We've found a local sports store that sells Jay tickets for about $50 including tax.

Cheers :)

What a day! Jay Peak hooked us up with some amazing cord this morning, and we ripped some of the steeper runs (Can Am and The Jet) for two hours XD. Visibility was up and down, but the side of the mountain with the steep goods had the clearest air. Angel's Wiggle was another favorite; a nice twisty gentle run. There's a lot of fun terrain there, and we're looking forward to hitting Jay again, probably Thursday.

Tomorrow and Wednesday will definitely be Owl's Head, for their bargain $20 tickets. Local Québec riders, we'll be on snow at Owl's Head around 8:45am (lifts open at 8:30), so meet us around that time at the main lodge ski racks or give me a call if you miss us.

Cheers!

Holy cripes, what a good time!

Great riding with old friends and new! ....and the scene at the house was awesome. I haven't eaten that well in a long, long time.

Thank you all for getting this together and letting me join in.

Hope you had a great day at Jay today and good runs the rest of the week!:biggthump

Thanks much for a FABULOUS week!!! Good food, great turns, awesome pics/vids, and excellent peoples! Made for an epic end of my season! Actually got 5 more runs in after y'all left - not sure I'll be able to get out of the car when I get home tomorrow ;) See y'all at ECES next year :)

Indeed a great week! We had a great variety of terrain and conditions and we all survived in once piece! That chalet was awesomely creepy, cool, and eclectic...a bit of a throwback that added so much to the atmosphere to go along with the great people there.

FYI - I'll be getting pics shortly and will send you the link. In the meantime I was thinking of posting a few in the "pictures" section on the forum so let me know if it's okay with you. Is there anyone that does NOT want their picture posted online? Please let me know either way.

Was wierd waking up today and not putting on ski-pants. And my boards look so lonley in the basement without everyone's next to them. It was a FANTASTIC week and a big thank you goes out to everyone who came to play on the slopes with us.

As an FYI; I totally steamed up the sauna in the Montreal hotel on Friday afternoon. Managed to get it past the 130 mark! Oh yeah - you know it. But it wasn't the same without a roll in the snow and the hot tub.