Note to New Members ×

Wtf13

west carven

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to see some after season videos.

So far there's been no reason to video the post season. After a closing week of sunny spring corn, the temps dropped back down. I had a couple great powder days last weekend in BC at Revelstoke and Fernie, but returned home to find the new snow on the Big was chopped, frozen, and wind scoured. I got a few good turns on the face, but the rest was nothing to write home about, let alone video.

Sunny, though, so I did snap a couple pics...

post-1861-141842392348_thumb.jpg

post-1861-141842392349_thumb.jpg

Finally getting post season runs worth remembering. Still wintery and windy up top, and filled in with enough new snow to feel like powder runs again. Village temp was 26 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. Should hit 50 next week. Don't know how I feel about that. :) :mad: :) :mad:

post-1861-141842392799_thumb.jpg

Shot this on Saturday's run, when it was warmer, but just as windy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8iioKZQsQp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...

We finally had a warm, sunny, spring day of fun corn snow. Still 100 inches at the summit. Day 140 of the johnasmo '12/'13 snow season. The song was recorded by a pre-teen guitar phenom from Colorado that played at Crush on Tuesday, Jaden Carlson.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OBA0XJ_ZlP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by johnasmo

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to be done with shooting hiking the Big videos, but ran into a couple other people on Thrusday (the 9th). So one more...

What a difference a week of sunny warm weather makes. The lower mountain was almost gone. Kinda fun playing connect the dots, but after repeating this run on Friday with bigger gaps, and a weekend of temps in the 80's F, time to stick a fork in it. Or at least be willing to down-hike almost half way.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4Gtz5JESZaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...

Late May change of weather. Winter returns for at least 12 hours. Six to eight at summit; three to four at village.

Return of the PBR board. Rock boards only past the Bench. No base, just fresh on grass.

New event, Big Mountain Snowboard Grass Drags...

post-1861-141842393506_thumb.jpg

post-1861-141842393509_thumb.jpg

Late May change of weather. Winter returns for at least 12 hours. Six to eight at summit; three to four at village.

Return of the PBR board. Rock boards only past the Bench. No base, just fresh on grass.

Well hell, that's not getting the bike park open, is it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...