Note to New Members ×

This makes POV video look tame

SunSurfer

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3T2Yc_SndIk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

Just in case anyone wanted an idea for their off-season playtime and hard earned dollars.

I'm sure it only takes a little bit of practice. Yeah, right!

SunSurfer

Incredibly cool. So, where does one get a setup like this? And how much $$ are we talking about?

Looks like you could get into it for under the cost of a Coiler. A quick google of "helicopter camera" and "quadcopter camera" will show you some options. At the very low end, looks like you could find something with (I assume) a low-quality built-in camera for $100 or even a bit less.

There's got to be a forum out there for this, right?

Looks like you could get into it for under the cost of a Coiler. A quick google of "helicopter camera" and "quadcopter camera" will show you some options. At the very low end, looks like you could find something with (I assume) a low-quality built-in camera for $100 or even a bit less.

There's got to be a forum out there for this, right?

The video does not look low end and from what I can see of the shadow neither is the heli. I wish someone could tell me more so I can get one.

A GoPro and entry level chopper which can carry the GoPro is right around $1000 for the package. A rig that will carry a dSLR is a lot more expensive. The sky is the limit when it comes to RC stuff, pun intended.

I have wanted to do this for some time.