Note to New Members ×

Stratton

Steph

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaggy and Steph,

I think I have ridden with you a few years ago. I was riding a K2 fatbob and made a few runs with you guys. I rode Stratton 2 years ago on my Ride Timeless and talked to someone at the starting gate. I may be confusing people but I think it was one of you or the few people that I rode with up there at Stratton. Any way I will be riding Thursday and Friday of the ECES with a small group of guys. I will probably be the only softboot rider there. I will be on a Blue Status board and hope to make some turns with you.

Anyone have comments on this event? How does it compare to the Rocky Event? I was thinking of taking a day trip up for the session.

Looks to be low key since I am not seeing much on posts in the forum?

Thanks in advance.:D

The ECES is inherently a lower key event. SES is organized by BOL, who's livelihood is the snowboard industry. The ECES is organized by a dedicated group of volunteers. So, the hoo-pla is not quite as large, and the venue not quite as good as Aspen, but the event is solid IMHO.

There are some things where the ECES stands to be BETTER then the SES though.

1) I think East coast groom is better for carving than Aspen's soft snow

2) I believe we will have a larger demo offering then SES

3) I think the banquet will end up being about the same size with comprable Raffle.

4) You don't have to worry about Loosing Fin while he is chasing after Elle McPhearson!

How far away would you be comming from?

Looks to be low key since I am not seeing much on posts in the forum?

I think part of the reason that you aren't seeing posts in the main forum is that those posts have been steered into a different sub forum:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/forumdisplay.php?62-Announcements-RSVP-Discussion

as well as towards facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/East-Coast-Expression-Session/174167805963323

• 2 weeks later...

VTers and regulars, you guys think Stratton will be crowded this Sunday? I'm not a weekend rider but thinking of coming up and putting the kids in lessons for the morning, and getting some turns in myself.

Anyone else going to be out?

It's either that or a nice long bike ride in CT.

Have been riding Stratton the last 2 days. Conditions surprisingly good, but hit it early, as the snow gets soft, and clumpy by late morning. Will be out today, as well-possibly the last day of hard booting this season, as temps will be very warm starting on Saturday.

Shhh... don't let the weather gods know, but I'm planning on being out tomorrow. Anyone else?

My wife will be out for first runs. If you ind her in the base lodge before 7:30, she has an early access guest pass (if you don't already have access) that can get you on the mountain at 7:45 as long as you have a valid ticket/pass