Note to New Members ×

Stratton

Steph

Since it looks like we may have a lot of people here is what we (Stratton regulars do)

Friday- we get dressed in the east wing of the lodge. Be ready to head out to the Gondi 8:40 sharp, they have been letting us on between 8:45 and 8:50

From there we will be lapping URSA chair riding north American, tamarack, and middle brook.

For tomorrow looks like we have me, Steph, Paul, Ben and maybe Jonny.

Saturday- again we meet in the east wing. But we head out to the Gondi at 7:30 sharp, on the lift at 7:45 for early access. I have room for one more and Eric may as well. Up the Gondi and lapping usra lift. Any interest respond here first come.

Looks like we have me, Eric and Geoff?

Sunday same process as Saturday. JP1 if you want to be there ready at 7:30 I have a space for you. Then one more available.

Monday we will not be at Stratton, Eric, Steph and I are racing at Bromley.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun day today, regardless of what the weather was doing. Thanks Steph, Alex and Jonny!

One thing I learned today (or many things rather) is that riding a board Ive never ridden before, riding a variable side cut board which I've never ridden a vsr board before, riding a metal board which I've never ridden a metal board before and riding a Donek plate which I have never ridden a plate before, is a lot to introduce all at once (at least to me). Once I went back to my old faithful the groove came back. I think it's time to skip the plate and get to know the new ride before introducing the plate again.

Very fun, and very weird and wild conditions. Amazing watching you all ride, and Ben I think you're right for sure about the new setup - change one thing at a time and I bet it'll all come together.

Wacky ride home. The road in Pownal hadn't been salted at all, and there was a car just marooned on the middle of that big hill - couldn't get traction, and the police with shovelsful of sand couldn't even get close enough to help without sliding too. Glad to be home safe....

Guys and gals - friends and I are thinking of making the drive up from PA next week (leave late wednesday/shift driving/board thursday/shift drive home thursday). To be blunt, is it worth it? How have your conditions been up there? In PA we've had horrible thaw/freeze cycles going on and it's basically crap. It looks like there's some rain slated for this week up in southern VT and maybe some temps above freezing - what do you think? Would love to get up there this winter, but I feel like mother nature is taking a vacation.

The snow is absolutely stellar, yesterday snow quality rivaled the best I have ridden. The mountain is 98% open (only two carving trails missing).

today was day 30 for me and every trail was groomed to perfection and snow was amazing.

Now the weather, yeh it is freezing rain today and tomorrow will be awful. But it will get cold on Tuesday night and snow in the forecast for the next four days after that. Stratton is the king of recovery, it could absolutely suck one day and amazing two days later. As long as there is no major long term down turn in the weather it will be worth it. Next Thursday is a long way off, we could get 3 feet of snow between now and then. Check back on Sunday.