Note to New Members ×

Cypress Diaries 2011-12

BlueB

Sunny, no crowds. Pack held better then expected but still slushed up later. Kaz was there early and said less icy in the morning then expected.

First Sun and Rainbow not groomed. JJA and Midway pretty decent...

Crew: Kaz, Scoob, BlueB

Toys: Ogasaka 162, WCRM 173w, Chubby 177, Proto 167

Completed few carved circles at merger of Midway and Colins, with minimal cheating. Scoob might have a video...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm and a bit foggy, but dry. Rain waterloaded the snowpack over last few days, so it was holding better then expected, without turning into total pulp... Not to bad crowd. Huge water damage on the Raven side, other runs holding fine.

I had 3 hour lesson with Mark, Luka skied with Roy...

Good work Mark!

I decided to go, in despite a flu that's been bugging me for a week now... And cold fresh air did clear my nose/lungs a bit! However, I wracked my back (without even knowing what I did?!?) after 2 runs. Scooby gave me some strog meds (he suffers bad back often) and I was able to ride more, on a smaller softer board...

Conditions were mixed, from solid groom in the morning, to mix of chop and ice showing throug, then light snow and some fog... No crowd, but big carving crew: Rod, Scoob, Kaz, Cous, me... Toys: SG BX, 4WD, Kes 180, F2 178, WCRM 177, Proton 178, Coiler 177/21 + BB Plate, Kes BXn...

Coiler Chubby geared with my home made BB Plate railed like crazy, just unbelievable. Later when I switched to Kessler BXn, it felt bouncy and chattery in comparsment!

You shell be thrown to the lions!

Oh wait, this is better: you shell be thrown from the Lions chair :D and we'll have the vid rolling ;)

Oh yes please, I always want to jump from Lions chair right above the moguls...this way I have an xcuse that I was pushed :eplus2:

Don't forget to remove the lens cap.

Camera switch off by it self when on stand-by too long :eek: and I turn it on all the way from parking lot..:o

RT

Edited by CarvingScooby

SNOW came down about 34 CM in 24 hours and from 8AM to 2PM another 18CM...So much snow that track was covered on the next run.

Edgy & me. Met Pierre around 9.30. Boris & Luka came for a ski. (Bro thx for the hot choco treat). Crucible came later at noon.

Toy of the day: Edgy- Prior Spearhead, Pierre - Virus 180, Scooby - 4807 178 & Tanker R#2-200 and I think crucible was planning taking his swallow tail.

1st day on 4807 after sitting on the shelf for 4 seasons. I forgot how good this board surf and carve. Edgy & me went straight to Raven and we just bomb all the POW runs from Crazy Raven, Cayote, !st Sun, then 3 Bears. Edgy went Black on Black and last run he went for Top Gun :eek: I stay away from those runs. Around 11.30AM when traffic got busier and runs can't recover due the heavy traffic - I switch to Tanker #2-200, oh man this board just extend my play as I don't have to do the heavy work out as the board plow thru all those deep big wide trench that some might be mine :o

We start at 9AM and yeah I don't have legs at noon just like that kid that came at the same time...:D

Sunday might be a soft carving corduroy.

RT

post-6136-141842361892_thumb.jpg

8:30 Rock Star parking

9:00 JJA. 6" over cord.

9:10 to 2:00: Several runs down Crazy Raven and the Olympic mogul run. There was 24" of fresh in some sections.

Snow was mostly dryish. Windy.

Despite Lions chair being closed all day, there was lots of room on the Raven chair, as most of the crowd remained on Panorama.

At 4:15pm, Lions chair is still closed.

post-7482-141842362579_thumb.jpg

post-7482-141842362588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cousin of Beagle
POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday: Mass of light/fluffy/champagne :eek: snow. Many times board bottomed hit the ice underneath. Head on collision with a bank, straight on, dead stop - Impact was so great that it threw me over the handle bar and frnt boot came off the binding & injured my 3 weeks old bruced shin :mad:. Board no scratch/delam :1luvu:

Ton's of snow every where, lot's non winter tires skids and slides. "Almost" head on collision, fortunetly no one gets hurt. One casualty saw on the way down around 1PM is a police SUV :(

Friday toys: Rome Notch -173 & Tanker R-200 Both toys are great pow board. Cousin new deep stash slope was POW heaven for the Tanker,

Saturday: Unxpectedly most run are groomed, even 1st Sun was groomed. Most runs are mixed Soft - Firm and Soft. The bruced shin bother so much in the first 2 hours...

Great job on the grooming but the traffic was build up at around noon.

Saturday toys: KST BT-180 & 171 Luv that springy 171

RT

post-6136-14184236264_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842362643_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarvingScooby

managed to escape for a morning rip on sunday. conditions were fantastic; (mostly) sunny, w/ wall to wall hero cord. i forgot how good this stuff is. did a few laps of jj then headed to rainbow. brought out the 174 kessler - decided i love this thing now; just needed proper (non crap) conditions to appreciate. my technique is coming together - with help from some of the discussions on this board; i'm wearing out clothing and having huge fun in the meantime. stoked!

Bluebird day, no crowds, great snow, solid grooming - one of the best days this season.

Crew: Scoob, Kaz, Gary on skis, BlueB.

JJA had good hero soft pack. 1st Sun a bit too soft but groomed. Great firm but not hard pack on Crszy Raven, Rainbow, Midway...

My newly shafpened Wcrm bit like a piranha!

One oldish guy approached to inquire about gear and wants lessons...

Roy and Gary took tons of videos.

Next ride possibly on Wednesday.

8:30 rock star parking by the lodge.

9:00 JJA had at least 12" of fresh over groomed.

Then Coyote 7, First Sun, Alex Bilodeau mogul run. Several laps. Dry. Knee to thigh deep. ie. bottomless. Filled-in completely.

Epic.

11:00 Lions chair opens. By the time I got there, Rainbow and Bowen were already tracked out. Did Moons three times.

Epic.

Weapon of the day: Dynastar 3800 - 163 cm.

Mostly sunny, more people then on Monday, softer pack, yet still great!

Crew: B, Gary, Kaz teaching his friend Allee, Rod, I think I saw a glimpse of Cous too...

Gary is starting to get hold of ski-carving and performed really well when he switched to the board later. He remembered everything from last year and did thin lines on Easy Rider. We had some very excited comments/yells from young kids on the chair, as well as from few skiers.

I had a super scary moment on JJA: Big airborn transition from toe to heel carve, set in hard, bum, front binding released. Somhow I managed to slide and lift the board of the snow by rear foot. It was very close to spinning/torquing :( That would be quite something - exploding the knee on my birthday...

I don't think I can make it for tomorrow's pow day. Probably Saturday with Luka...

Maya and I were watching the Global 6:00 oclock evening news and lo and behold- you guys show up on the screen loading the chair with your very distinct boards- we definitely saw Rod's helmet, Boris' longish board and red jacket, and maybe the back of Roy's helmet- we couldn't be sure....

Maya and I were watching the Global 6:00 oclock evening news and lo and behold- you guys show up on the screen loading the chair with your very distinct boards- we definitely saw Rod's helmet, Boris' longish board and red jacket, and maybe the back of Roy's helmet- we couldn't be sure....

At 0:20 of the vid ;)

<object width="614" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/swf/GlobalNewsEmbedPlayer.swf?player.width=609&player.height=342&player.overlayImageUrl=&pid=6TXxp_uNgmoAYRc73IORhtHNejZNipis&show=News Hour&episode=&season=&cliptitle=Huge+snow+on+ski+slopes"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/swf/GlobalNewsEmbedPlayer.swf?player.width=609&player.height=342&player.overlayImageUrl=&pid=6TXxp_uNgmoAYRc73IORhtHNejZNipis&show=News Hour&episode=&season=&cliptitle=Huge+snow+on+ski+slopes" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="614" height="400"></embed></object>