Note to New Members ×

Cypress Diaries 2011-12

BlueB

9:00 to 11:00

6" to 8" fresh. Snow was wet but fast enough. Foggy. Flat light.

Did Moons several times. It was completely filled-in, resulting in a completely smooth surface. The snow was firm and wetpacked. It felt like fresh over groomed.

Weapon of the day: Dynastar 3800 - 163 cm.

Too bad I hit a tree and had to call it a day.

Other riders reported smooth conditions on Top Gun and the Bilodeau mogul run.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be sooooo great if you showed up on your freeride board with hard boots and mild forward angles, to show them how it's done! :D ;)

If I show up on hard boots, I have to be on race board. My freeride binding screws are rusted, can't get them out.....

Condition was great this morning, then became wet snow in the afternoon. Hopefully, it will snow next few days!!!

Great day and no traffic. In the morning snow was firm corduroy on upper level and hard firm on the lower level and soften at noon.

Gary, Edgy, Katsu and me start early and Geo came later. Stayed till 2PM. BlueB's relative from Europe (Miki & Andrea) came for visit and his cousin 10 year old was doing amazing on race board 138 and it's her first day on HB. :biggthump

Toy: Andrea - Fake 138, Gary - 3800 163, Edgy - SG BX 164, Geo - Coiler PR-179, Scooby - KST BT171

Cousin../Tony heal well, hope u can make some turn soon.

RT

Cypress will extend, rumours till end of this month.

sunday was a bonus pow day - 5-6" on the groomers, but the steep stuff & glades had closer to a foot of fresh (accumulation from the previous couple days). snow was surprisingly light & i was getting face shots all over the place. hit the steeps on raven & lions first, then more fresh tracks on sky when it opened a couple hours later. best pow day i've had on the hill this year - in april! no lines to speak of either. good times.

April 4: Snow was OK until 10:00ish. But snowcat operators are not good at grooming, some gaps on JJ all the way to the bottom. After 10:00 am became too warm from sun shine and runs got too soft (almost slushy). There was a little bit of hard base on Collins, I stayed there about 1 hour. But I had to leave around 1:00 pm because became too soft.

April 5: JJ was made by little snow chunks from first track. It was like riding on crackers. Hard surface but too brittle to carve. Snow refused to hold my edges. I tried lions chair side too, but same condition. So I left at 10:30.

I saw an unmarked car on Cypress Bowl Rd on my way home two days in a row. It was a black dodge charger. I hard they are switching over their police car from ford crown to dodge charger. I saw a guy caught. And today, there was SUV unmarked car on uphill side too.

Watch your speed.

post-11067-141842366395_thumb.jpg

No one posted riding stuff, for long time, so the "man from the wheelchair" has to do it ;)

My 11 year old niece, Andrea, visiting from Europe, riding with the "boys". She's only been on soft boots few times, now converting to alpine and doing it with style!

post-1678-141842366516_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842366523_thumb.jpg

No one posted riding stuff, for long time, so the "man from the wheelchair" has to do it ;)

My 11 year old niece, Andrea, visiting from Europe, riding with the "boys". She's only been on soft boots few times, now converting to alpine and doing it with style!

[ATTACH]30412[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]30411[/ATTACH]

Yeah, she's a tough cookie, getting right back up after getting taken out by an errant boarder.

Oh, I can just picture you racing in one of these

Crew: Kabi, Kaz & me

Toys: Kabi- Proton 164&168, Kaz- Ogasaka 162, Scooby-KST BT171

Snow condition was soft firm in the morning but still hold, some runs are firmer then other such as Panorama but otherwise snow was still holding till 12PM. Rain start around noon & since temperature didn't get warmer and rain compacted abit - snow stay rideable till almost 2PM.

Karen aka Kabi start with O2-168 then change to 164. Shorter O2 was a good move as board is easier to handle and less work out. Kaz in the beginning was kind of reluctant to go riding in softer condition and he was making a solid trench all day trailing behind.

Kessler Black Top work out like a charm and more all day in all conditions, its perform as well as my 4WD

RT

CYPRESS Mt will stay OPEN to April 22, 2012

post-6136-141842366589_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842366592_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarvingScooby

• 2 weeks later...

Cypress is closed now (April 22, 2012) We have now wrapped up the longest season ever at Cypress Mountain

Saturday was my last day on Cypress, snow was soft granule but still holding till noon. Cypress resort was serving free hot dog & drinks donation for Relay of Life.

Was another good day, good crowd, and good company. 44 days making trench on Cypress. Took off around noon as soon as snow start base sucking....

Crew:

Yoshii - SB

charliechocolate - PRIOR 4WD

crucible - COILER PR179T & COILER AT174

Ruwi - BURTON PRIME 164(?)

Rod - SG BX167 on SB

Scooby - KST BT171 & PRIOR 4WD 173

Till next season.

RT

post-6136-141842367302_thumb.jpg

post-6136-14184236731_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarvingScooby

Time to find a job...

I have to make money for snowboard gear!

Thanks to you guys, I enjoyed riding so much.

I'm already looking forword to next season.

Finding a job is tougher than the upper part of JJA.

Wish me luck.