Note to New Members ×

N.i.c.e. 2012

Steve Prokopiw

Sadly, my wife has bowed out. She asked me "Won't it be a bunch of dudes who only want to talk about alpine snowboarding?" All I could say was "...yeah, that's about right." Too bad because she carves it up on skis.

Andy, I would suggest looking at the Holiday Inn in Ponderay - I stayed there for two nights before a bed opened in the condo last year, and it's pretty nice -- indoor hot tub, and pretty substantial breakfast buffet included with the room.

Well now my wife has also bowed out but....I have a free hall pass for that week. Art moved to CO this past summer so I need to rally some others from the Seattle area to share driving expenses or drive solo.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

I'm now in southern OR. Whats the zip for this mountain/ easiest access? Long drive? Short plane?

I drove from Portland last year, and I think it clocked in around 7-8 hours. It was a tough drive, with very wintery conditions. We'll likely be doing it again this year, and may have an extra spot in the car if you're interested in car pooling (though you'd have to meet us in Portland). Flying into Spokane would save quite a bit of time, and you should be able to hitch a ride / share a car rental from there.

Well kram, neal and I had our first day of carving groomers, had a ball! Kram was happy to ride his new donnek and I was glad to be back on prior since the gouging and sreer that it still rides the same. Will be working on a schedule for the nice event. Will post when it is done !

kaniksu & pend oreille tied for 1st

quicksilver

loop hole

b chute (steeeeeep)

sundance (narrow) to JR

ridge run

cathedral aisle

zip down (before the racers ice it up)

down the hatch (short)

midway

of course weather and grooming can/does change the order on a daily basis

N.I.C.E. Feb. 20-26 2012 ! Ride daily with a group of alpine boarders with picture and videoed runs, lunch itinerary, free riding too. There will also be a beginner and advanced clinics, multiple days of 1 hour.before public early load privledges.(Perfect groomers just for us). We will also be doing a banquet dinner with fun and prizes,race gates on nastar with boarder gates for us to charge on. A pizza party is being thrown in as well one evening. There is a 10% discount on lodging and a 20% discount on lift tickets online codeword is: trench. Of course the normal comraderie and b.s., with a few beverages being consumed along with new and old friends sharing the power of the carve. Schedule coming after the holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

So your wives aren't coming to NICE? Maybe you didn't get them the right present for the holidays? I received a great SIMS board! This is in addition to the F2 I was given by my loving husband a few years ago!

So when we are done with SES and a trip to the coast for surfing, we will try to make it back in time!

Looks like we might get quite a few female carvers for a day of trencin' it up. If you both showed along with 2 or 3 others that showed interest in a womens ride, we might need to start a hot hardbooter girl calender or something. At least us guys will be jealous.

Looks like we might get quite a few female carvers for a day of trencin' it up. If you both showed along with 2 or 3 others that showed interest in a womens ride, we might need to start a hot hardbooter girl calender or something. At least us guys will be jealous.

Haven't seen grayontray posting recently..... anyone know if she'll be joining us for NICE this year?????

And Pus..... who do you have lined up for the photographer for this so called calender?????

Finally talked to Fran yesterday and the condo is available. will start an new thread for reservations soon, should get it down to $50+/- per bed.

If a few girls show up maybe we can get Becki on the harboots too.:biggthump

PS wifes, gfs, young'uns, any and all ski carvers are encouraged to show up, there'll be a few ladies to hang with.

• 2 weeks later...

Maureen has been back in hardboots since last season but might not be able to attend since she is having to work extra hours at that time to help the company she works for leave the state and terminate her job.Ironic.

Max(grayontray) is currently in Ecuador performing cleft pallette surgeries,but did express interest in attending before she left on the mission.That is to say,I think she plans to attend.

As a couple w/litl'un the large bedroom down stairs w/queen + 1 twin would be ideal, unless you all want to share the up stairs Queen bed.

Either way you'll have your own room.

Kinpa likes the bunk so... no reservations yet, 1st claim get's it.

we should take this to the NICE condo thread.

should cost 100-150 per night for the 3 of you on the busy days(i.e. early load days wed-fri night) when the beds are filled.

Just got off the phone with schweitzer and early load privledges are tues - thur. this year. I am still trying to get saturday too but for now these two days are official. You will be able to load a specific lift a hour before public does. These dates are subject to change due to weather only. More to come ....

Motels in sandpoint are much cheaper than on mountain even with the NICE discount.

Another option is the N.I.C.E. condo I've arranged. It'll cost about $50 per night (less if we can fill all 7 beds in 4 bedrooms) It's a 10min walk or short shuttle ride from the village. No definite claims on the beds yet except for 1 of the bunks.

More detailed info in the NICE condo reservation thread

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note. I am working on a digital calendar of events for this years event. Will be emailing to the rest of the organizers before posting online as to avoid any mistakes. I will put on our facebook page as well as here, as long as my computer skills let me. Early loads is on tues-thurs weather pending of course. Giving away a bunch of great stuff at our swag party on friday evening. See you all soon.

looks like a blast guys!

I really want to meet many of you in person so I am trying my darndest to be there the 23rd and/or the 26th.

http://www.schweitzer.com/things-to-do/events-calendar/north-idaho-carving-event/

Here is the link from Schwei I was just scooping on, as I haven't seen it posted here in this thread yet.

Hardbooters UNITE!