Note to New Members ×

N.i.c.e. 2012

Steve Prokopiw

looks like a blast guys!

I really want to meet many of you in person so I am trying my darndest to be there the 23rd and/or the 26th.

http://www.schweitzer.com/things-to-do/events-calendar/north-idaho-carving-event/

Here is the link from Schwei I was just scooping on, as I haven't seen it posted here in this thread yet.

Hardbooters UNITE!

I vote for the 23rd.... early loads.... and weekday! :)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mid week days are way less crowded. We'll hand out ticket coupons when people arrive. So let us know your coming or one of our crew will have coupons to hand out before opening around the clock tower each morning.

Nice is just around the corner time to post some stoke

194mountain_facts.jpg

5334493459_5d73228029_z.jpg5334493045_373f997642_z.jpg

Might want to bring a powder board just in case (we'll have a few loaners if it dumps mid week like last year

attachment.php?attachmentid=26228&stc=1&d=1298409465attachment.php?attachmentid=26227&stc=1&d=1298409443attachment.php?attachmentid=26229&stc=1&d=1298409486We'll have a few carve boards as loaners to if you want to try something different.

some of last years crew

attachment.php?attachmentid=26314&stc=1&d=1298726573

watch?v=dB3rGZBpmg8&feature=player_embedded
[h=2]icon10.png The great thing about the vid...[/h]

is that it has some good carving by both skiers and boarders in the same 4 minutes as the angry skier.The vid makes a very good case in favor of carving by any and all who aspire to it.The angry skier just proves that where there are people having fun, kooks like him will be there to try to kill the buzz.Of course our group buzz was alive and well despite his efforts
smile.gif

Edited by b0ardski

I think you are right Kathy! you going to be there on the 23rd?

YES SIR! wouldn't miss the early loads.... I, personally, hope it's on the same chair as last time.... good view from the chair and base, not to difficult terrain.... two awesomly groomed runs to pick from... perfect for warm up and some good stoke for us AND those waiting in line!!!!! hahahahahahah! In fact, I think that second video B0ardski just posted was on those runs from that morning..... isn't it just pretty???? (too bad the video just convey the FREEEEEZING temps we endured to have that much fun! it's amazing the camera even worked!)

(now I might just need to find some creative funding ideas to pay for this trip! - but I did get that whole week off work already!)

any thought is Mother Nature is going to be nice to us this year?????

Edited by kinpa

For lift tickets you will need to get a discount lift ticket voucher from one of us. With that voucher you can get a multi day pass. For Tues and Thur 8am early loads your will need to get you tickets the day before because the ticket window opens at 8:30

Computer crashing on me has made putting the week long calendar an issue. Anybody who I emailed it to already please try to post on here please or email me and I will give you log in info for facebook. Might be easier to post there then just a link here on BOL. Mon - meet up and ride in the mornings with photos and lunchTues. - early loads at 8 am photos and lunch Wed. - group rides 1 for advanced and beginners too photos lunchThur. - early loads photos lunch womens group free pizza party ( thanks ENT)Fri. - photos lunch dinner party ( only $12 comes with dinner and chance to win some bigger prizes)Sat. - C.N.A.R. Game day (in honor of skes) photos boarder gates for us on nastar lunch big air showSun. - pow day boarder gates for us on nastar lunch Everyday we will be meeting @ the clocktower and coffe shop and some laps on chair 2 which opens @ 830am. Freeriding with a photographer @ a specific location and time. we will have calendars printed and available on site. Demos will also be available just contact us. Please sign up for ride groups so we can have them run smoothly. Drinks in taps after riding of course. 20% discount ticket vouchers available from us only. 10% off lodging online with code word: trench. Call if any questions russ 208-290-8023.

Sounds like you guys have a super event lined up!!! I so wish I could come up....

So... does anyone need a very special fuschia one piece suit for C.N.A.R. day? I can't imagine ever using it again myself, but it's a super easy way to earn 5000 points! I'm 5'7" and 125 lbs and it fits.... about as well as it can, really. :D

(Sorry, not giving up the one person hot tub though - you'll have to get your own!)

Have fun!!!

I'm excited to be coming up next week.A reminder to those interested;I will be leading an ADVANCED CLINIC on Wednesday at 1:00.I was thinking that the participants and I can get a head start on the clinic by eating lunch together.

I will have an extra gopro camera mount with me if anyone would like to view themselves from a great perspective for observing movement patterns.If you have your own gopro camera it can be inserted into the mount too.I will only have one gopro camera with me but people can take turns with that one.If someone else does have a gopro hd camera,we can have two at a time going,which could be very productive providing video to pay dividends toward skill development in the future:-)