Note to New Members ×

A bit of SL Love

WinterGold

First of, I must say that I really like all my different alpine board sizes. The 185s are amazing boards. They are such a comfortable ride, even at higher speeds. And my new 170 (SG Full Race Titan) is an excellent allrounder which handles almost like an SL shape, but makes wider turns when on the edge and it also likes higher speeds better.

BUT

Reading a lot here in the forum, I found that there is quite a lot of love for the boards in the 170 range and also for the GS sizes, but SL sizes are not mentioned that often.

Of course, it depends on the riding style, the different resorts, personal preferences, etc. Nevertheless I must confess that I love my slalom boards :1luvu: ...

I use them quite a lot.

- when I go to a new resort and I´m not sure what awaits me

- when the weather is not good and visibility is poor

- when I feel full of energy and I want to work on my board :ices_ange

- when I feel a bit lazy and just want to cruise around ;)

- when I feel like trying some (new) tricks

- when I want to do a bit of jumping

- when I work on certain drills (e.g. short turns - not carved)

- when I want to get thrown from one turn to the next pretty fast

- when I want to have this special "light" edge feeling

- when the mountain is crowded

- when lots of moguls can be expected

Therefore I vote for a bit of SL love :ices_ange !!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSmUIOaY48?fs=1&hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSmUIOaY48?fs=1&hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You know, even though you really can't see the smile on your face, it really looks like you have so much fun while you ride! Love it! I am always impressed by people who ride hard boots and can still be versatile with it! My first love is my little Oxygen Proton 149 that I got as an eBay special back in 2003 or 04! Everyone tells me I need a bigger board, but that is the goto board when I'm not sure what I'm going to face on the mountain.

Kathy

very nice!! I love doing slalom turns here in the east b/c the trails are so narrow - your trail looks great, though...jealous.

Your equipment looks a little funny, though - I thought a saw a hat on your head rather than a helmet? :ices_ange

:biggthump Wintergold and SLs!

I assume your SG 170 turns bigger, but between the 170 All around and the 163 SL, which one is easier to ride?

I have the stock Kessler 168 All around. It is more forgiving than my custom 162 Kessler SL. Overall the 162 is stiffer, has more rebound, and more snow feel than the 168.

Great riding as usual, I thought I was odd favoring Slalom boards, just blamed it on my love of skateboard slalom. Here in Park City, when it's busy they are the logical choice. In fact I have an old school board on the way that should be super fun...in a scary way, Aggression Stealth SL. I can't wait, my Hot Blast 160SL is already jealous!

Martin