Note to New Members ×

K. Plate Rocket Cross

GAK

Those plates are meant for the light weight (race)riders to get more power on the edges. If you are heavy and powerful enough just buy a plate system

like the BBP. Or don't use a platesystem on your BX board at all if you have weight and control enough: you won't need that extra weight.

Why are BX'ers such weight weenies? Fat is fast ya know. I have talked with a bunch of BX'ers and the want the lighest rig possible. Doesn't make sense to me. Lightness usually comes at the expense of durability and racing BX is not easy on equipment. Why not err on the side of durability and speed? What is the optimum weight of a race setup?

Think Snow!

I would think that extra weight would be a problem once you got bounced around... A heavier system would be harder to recover if you get knocked or bounced around... I would also think that you would lose your ability to soak up rollers and whatnot... Extra weight means less vertical jumping ability...

Why are BX'ers such weight weenies? Fat is fast ya know. I have talked with a bunch of BX'ers and the want the lighest rig possible. Doesn't make sense to me. Lightness usually comes at the expense of durability and racing BX is not easy on equipment. Why not err on the side of durability and speed? What is the optimum weight of a race setup?

Think Snow!

probably has to to with light feels more nimble. particularly in the air and when you're landing. same reason pipe monkeys and park rats like light. also even coming through chop the heavy setup might be a liability. ever ride hangls and have one bind or just at a lower speed than they are effective at? extreme example but you get the idea.

agreed on the palmer plates, they're cheesy. though they do work as advertised but are kinda junky. could be way better.

extra weight is easier to notice in softies too.

Jburrill, any more info on the EPS?