Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer Feb. 22-27. '11

b0ardski

Howdy All,

Just get back from lunch, rode pow & some groomers too (Love my 4x4). Pow was delicious and the groomers a little soft but quite carveable. Got 4" or so last night so wasn't a epic pow day but everybody is in a happy mood with the new snow. I am probably the happiest of them all though & thanks for coming to our event !

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ is half right. earlier in the morning that 4" was 8-10 in some of the tree stashes. A good day for an old friend I haven't seen for 14yrs to show up at Schwietzer.

Today looks to be even a little better with 6" overnight:D, but I have chores to do:( so I'll have to hope for more snow tomorrow:biggthump

The wx for NICE is looking pretty... well..nice.

<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top" align="center"><td width="11%">Today

sn90.jpg

Snow

Hi 20 °F</td><td width="11%">Tonight

nsn50.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 16 °F</td><td width="11%">Friday

sn60.jpg

Snow

Likely

Hi 21 °F</td><td width="11%">Friday

Night

nsn30.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 17 °F</td><td width="11%">Saturday

few.jpg

Sunny

Hi 22 °F</td><td width="11%">Saturday

Night

nfew.jpg

Mostly

Clear

Lo 16 °F</td><td width="11%">Sunday

sct.jpg

Mostly

Sunny

Hi 21 °F</td><td width="11%">Sunday

Night

nsn30.jpg

Chance

Snow

Lo 17 °F</td><td width="11%">Washington's

Birthday

sn30.jpg

Chance

Snow

Hi 21 °F</td></tr></tbody></table>

Lets hope ULLR keeps the visibility good:biggthump

So we actually have 2 beds open in the condo mon. tue. wed. sat. and 1 open fri.

If anyone needed a cheap($40) place to sleep to pull the trigger here's the chance.

Give me a call(2oh8 61oh 2169), email or post to grab a spot.

Anyone that needs a powder board, we got you covered. Most of the Schwietzer crew have a quiver and one of us can set you up with a board appropiate to your size. Just let us know what you need.

We also have a couple of $20 demo coupons for the rental shop.

There is a lot of open bowl & sparse glades where the 191 will shine but some of the best pow stashes are steep & tight in or out and will favor the 178. Either way you'll find some goods but I always bring a quiver. The super swede will love our long cruisey groomers and I'd love to try it out,:eplus2: Just sayin'

Yes I would bring my quiver. We have excellent off piste riding and gladed trees. There is alot of sidecountry terrain as well, bring your split board. I will do another powder lunch report later today.

How is the tree riding there. Wondering if I should bring my 191 Super Swede or the 178 O-Sin for my pow ride?

So here is what I have for seats on the cat, please let me know if this is correct: Name

Chris K for 1

Dan for 1

Octavio for 1

Steve P for 1

Russ B for 1

Maureen P for 1

Buster for 1

Dr D. for 1

Shred ?

Kinpa ?

Randy T ?

I have 8 for sure if this list is correct. That is not counting the people with a ?. Please respond to this so I know it is correct, or if your interested in a seat

We are expecting an arctic blast to bring single digit temps towards the end of the week.

Pack an extra layer, neck gaitor/facemask, wool blend socks and hand warmer packs to keep the toes, nose, and fingers happy for our early loads.

We'll start the week with powder and move into the cold chalky cord & blue skies that carving dreams are made of:biggthump

from NOAA

Monday Night: Snow showers. Low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow showers. High near 21. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 14.

Wednesday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1.

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 5.

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 5.

What time and place do we meet/pay for the cat trip on Thursday? I'm assuming we don't need avi equipment/shovels,or do we?

Also,my sister(Kristina who you've met),and bro-in-law are hoping to come along on Friday and they were wondering if they could be in on the group rate for tickets.

I have successfully made it to Sandpoint. I'll see you folks in the morning. I'm knackered.

I will be in the Lake Veiw at 8-8:30ish, looking for hardbooters at the clock at 8:45. The Basin Express loads public at 8:50-8:55. We normally lap that chair 2 or 3 times. See you in the village.