Note to New Members ×

Sean Martin-Claus . . . He does exist!!!

~tb

Just had to share what was left under my tree. . . errr . . . umm to the side of it. Woo Hoo!!!!

Thanks for getting these here before christmas Sean, these things look great and cant wait to get them on snow!

For people looking for details, They are two slightly different 184 metals, both with plates. one is a 14-20 SCR, the other is a 14-20-17 "Hook" SCR.

The Black one is pretty stock, the white one has some other modifications that I will be trying out this year.

now, if I can unwrap a box under the tree that is a "get out of jail free card" I can abandon my wife and kids long enough to give these boards their fair shake!

post-236-141842329609_thumb.jpg

No need for Christmas wishes, eh? :eek: What's the purpose of the 'hook' SCR?

Sean might stop in and better explain it, but the basic concept is that it takes all the benefits of a metal board, and brings back some of the liveliness and "pop" of a glass construction board. It works in conjunction with the tail decamber profile to give you even more options on how to finish the turn.

Several freecarvers have raved that this is the way to go.

. . .now, if I can unwrap a box under the tree that is a "get out of jail free card" I can abandon my wife and kids long enough to give these boards their fair shake!

So the day started with the boards pictured above. . . and then in a little box under the tree I received the following "coupons" from my wife, daughter and son.

Also worth mentioning is the implied "permission" to ditch my wife and kids for 10 days to go play with the boys (and BOL gals) in Aspen!

2 Boards, 2 Plates, a Trip to Aspen for SES and permission to go!

Can this day get any better?!?!

Time to get the legs in shape!

post-236-141842329622_thumb.jpg

So the day started with the boards pictured above. . . and then in a little box under the tree I received the following "coupons" from my wife, daughter and son.

Also worth mentioning is the implied "permission" to ditch my wife and kids for 10 days to go play with the boys (and BOL gals) in Aspen!

You're psyched! That white deck is beautiful!

:biggthump

I have been in Aspen 3 times in the last week, unfortunately to work. It's a real bitch setting up ice sculptureres while in plain view or Ruthies! After the new years, I am going to to play in the decompression chamber (Aspen) for a couple of days of glutonous debauchery.:eplus2:

Think Snow!

No need for Christmas wishes, eh? :eek: What's the purpose of the 'hook' SCR?

It's been discussed in another thread. Can't remember which one, but basically you tighten the sidecut towards the tail of the board. For a freecarver, this adds some of the pop at the end of the turn back into the board. For the racer, it provides the ability to make corrections should you get late and need to recover.