Note to New Members ×

Not OES

scubaree

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

I'd be most likely to be able to make it in February, before my Meadows spring pass starts. Liftopia has discounted 2-day tickets: <a href="http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/product/448/OR/Mt.-Bachelor-2-Day-Pass.htm#02-2011">http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/product/448/OR/Mt.-Bachelor-2-Day-Pass.htm#02-2011</a>

I am hoping you guys decide on mid March. We are having a hardboot session at Schweitzer Feb 22nd to the 27th. A mid March date would give me time to come down. Also I hope some of the Oregon crew can come up for the N.I.C.E.

Hey Mark, it'd be great to ride with you again.

Mid or later in March for NOES sounds good to me.

I'd like to make it up to NICE but I'm not sure if I can get more time off work. I just might have to blaze up there for the weekend.

Hey Mark, it'd be great to ride with you again.

Mid or later in March for NOES sounds good to me.

I'd like to make it up to NICE but I'm not sure if I can get more time off work. I just might have to blaze up there for the weekend.

Too bad you could't make it Thu or Fri for the early loads

Looks like we now have three for Mid march or so! Wonder if we can get that smokin deal we had at OES09 at the Riverfront Lodge or whatever it's called. A lot of us stayed there. Indoor pool and hot tub, FULL breakfast, and it was like $75 a night per couple. (About half the price of NOES10) Just tell them It's NOES this year. Who set it up in 09?

Today I had 2 different skiers tell me that they had seen large numbers of hardbooters last March, they both said they wished there were more of us on the mountain. I also had 2 softboot instructors and 2 ski instructors who said they would be interested in trying it out and to tell them when a date was set.

I usually miss the boat on these "expression" gigs. :smashfrea This time I'll be keeping an eye on the calendar and, so far, March is looking good! I have at least one board that will shock the locals and maybe even a carve to justify the shock:AR15firin

edit to add: I have several fellas I could invite that would love to share a chair with other plated carvers. So, lets nail down some dates!

March 19th through 27th is $70/day, spring-break, "holiday price" for Mt Bachelor.

Maybe(cause I am poor) we could consider the first weeks of April, as well?

Charity ski weeks are mid week, M-F, April 4-8th and 11th-15th.

I am on the list for charity tickets ($25 all lifts, all day) and can request MANY of them if I know they are all getting redeemed. Usually there are about 2500 charity tickets available for the period. I will check how many they will let me collect to see if I can get up to 50 of them(10 guys, for five days?)

Regular pricing includes, Sunday through Friday, an afternoon ticket for Sunrise express. It is only $25(my favorite ski ticket price, from back in 1985).

Just food for thought.:lurk:

edit to add:

I am not suggesting a change to April, just dangling the "cheap" carrot and seeing if that is factor for our consideration.

They start cutting back on lifts in April. Which is bad, because OES/NOES invariably winds up spending a lot of time on Rainbow after we trash everything else quickly, and that's the first lift to get shut down.

Outback tends to get shut down after spring break as well. Some years, we haven't touched Outback. OES '08, it was the place to be. You can access it from NW, but the best carving run IMHO (Ed's) means a LONG traverse from NW.

After 2nd week in March the chances of a slushfest start to increase dramatically.

Good call on lift-op limitations in the later season, MikeT.

Can't be funneling the session down one run with a cheap mountain and no lifts to choose from. I had a truck load of fun on Ed's the last time I got to go carving.

What are the favorite carving runs on Bachelor anyway?

#1 Summit- Beverly hills***Favorite***

#2 Outback- Ed's

#3 Skyliner- Cliffhanger

#4 Pinemartin- Thunderbird(busy with skiers cutting bumps in the groom)

My personal list

General favorites:

T-Bird - most consistently groomed steepish run. Get it early. Or, during sunny periods, wait till later in the day when its been scraped off and it sets up again.

DSQ - Nice banked sides

Ed's Garden - groom holds up really well

Flying Dutchman - groom holds up really well

Weekday specials:

Olympian on weekdays - nice top-to-bottom run that gets better as you go along. Weekend crowd issues, although not as much pf an issue since they designated it Blue.

Kangaroo

Get 'em when they're groomed:

Beverly Hills - the grooming usually sucks, but when the grooming is good, my favorite run

Boomerang - When they groom it wide and well, nice steep pitch with some nice breakovers

Downunder - weekdays when groomed well

SL board specials

Cliff's Run - the part above the getback has some nice twists

Snapshot Alley / Atkeson's Zoom

Osprey Way

Osprey or Sparks to Brookie's Run

Old Skyliner

Here is an idea also a group rate the only problem is we need 20 and tickets are $50 each. I'm not sure how many people are coming that don't already have Season passes but if we could get a big group of out of towners this might work

http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/planner/groups