Note to New Members ×

tailbone protection

wingnuts514

Occasionally I still skid out and smack my tailbone(still learning) and nothing pisses me off worse than my butt hurting for the next three days. My brother started wearing an azzpadz last year and seems to like it but there are several different brands/designs out there. Does anyone have a personal preference?

thanks

...and some of you are gonna say, "well don't fall down". so have this in advance. :flamethro:AR15firin

No, but you may find that with alpine riding you're more likely to slide in sideways than land on your arse.

PhilW makes a good point. You might want to look at something more like a hip pad than an actual tailbone protector. I think there might be something out there for the skateboard market that would work well for that.

...and some of you are gonna say, "well don't fall down". so have this in advance. :flamethro:AR15firin

That you're falling down on your tailbone rather than the side of your butt-cheek (on heelsides anyway) tells me you may need to get your hips rotated somewhat more forward while riding. Trying that out *may* help with that whole falling thing :).

Occasionally I still skid out and smack my tailbone(still learning) and nothing pisses me off worse than my butt hurting for the next three days. My brother started wearing an azzpadz last year and seems to like it but there are several different brands/designs out there. Does anyone have a personal preference?

thanks

I know your misery, I've been there. Before u reach the right hips thingi u want to b as painless as much possible so u can concentrate into fixing yr technic and not to get distracted by the pain.

I'm 200+lbs, I use 2 layers of from a bike padding (I think):

Layer 1: Softpadding as a base layer from "Free Fall Gear" that cover from the back of the hips all the way down thru tail bone and continue behind your thigh and it end before yr knee.

Layer 2: Hard pads looks like a crocodile skin from "HOOTS" over top the soft pad that cover same way as the soft pad but thn it cover also your front thigh. The hard pads are made individually and they are flexible.

Layer 2 is the frist layer that absorb the impact and layer 1 cushion the impact before it reach yr body. It works really well not only when u fall, also when straight liners hit u from the back when u lay low on the snow.

Trust me these pads works, u'll be laughing every time u fall:D

Happy snow

RT

post-6136-141842327581_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842327583_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842327585_thumb.jpg