Note to New Members ×

Favorite Name for a Run

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.

What's your favorite name for a run at a ski are? Not the name of your favorite trail, but the name that you think is best. It could be funny, descriptive or just exciting.

I'll try to keep this rated PG.

At Alpine Meadows we have a run that is a VERY TIGHT chute. In mixed company we call it "NC Chute". The NC stands for Nun's C--t (presumably a very tight part of most nuns' anatomy).

We also have a run called Idiot's Delight, but I like NC better. I've never had the balls to do NC Chute, but I've seen it done. It has steep rock walls on either side, is maybe 6 feet wide for a 30-40 foot stretch and is super steep. It can only be ridden on a deep powder day by someone with major skills.

What do you guys have to say?

Let's see if this thread holds up to the censors.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by David Kirk

Bridger has a run called "6th grade virgin".

I think I'm glad my daughter doesn't live in MT. They don't stay virgins past 6th grade there? :confused:

So, we're riding up the lift one day, and we see a bunch of patrollers looking for someone - one person says "I wonder who they're looking for" - another person replies "Jimmy Hofa." From that day forward, that run has been Jimmy Hofa.

I think my group of riding / skiing buddies has come up with a new name for almost every run in Utah... Since Randy wanted to keep this PG-13, I can't list most of them here...

BTW - Neil is that you in your avatar? (Just kidding)

Guest Tim Tuthill

Hangmans at Mammoth. Same discription as Randys, narrow chute, rocks bothsides, powder. I've done it once on a board,not alpine. I think as one gets a little older the need to do these runs starts to fade into common sence?? How about Jaws this winter?? Tim

At Apex , the one side of the mountain is dedicated to guns, we call them the gun runs, some of the names are ...Magnum, Dirty harry, Winchester etc. Some of the patrolers have cleaned lines in the trees between the runs in the summer time and named them Shotgun Wedding and Pump Action. Pump Action is hard to find, but it has a cool name and is a sweet line.

My local area is :

Beaver Mountain, it has a run called,

Tunnel Of Love.

The best run on the mountain has always been

'The Backside'.

The lodge sells t-shirts/hoodies which say:

"Wax Your Stick With A Little Beaver"

(Little Beaver is a lift/run which services beginners).

I feel so dirty, I need a shower:(

If you are the first 5 readers of this post you get to read it

before it gets pulled!:)

Phil,

Yep, just 45 minutes from Logan thru Logan Canyon. For a mom and pop operation, this place is okay. For a ski/board community with conservative family values we sure seem to have a healthy sense of humor. Mind you, you're not gonna find a kegger every day but, sometimes you can 'smell mother nature' on the chairlift from time to time (think: burning rope).

Mark

Verboten (really sweet pattern of boulders, hills and lift poles under a lift in Tremblant that gives S turns in the pow all the way down, kind of like a natural boardercross course. Although, you have to make your way through the Mogue (after Mogadishu in Somalia to get there, and then the Skinny's (ski patrol) come after you) That's all a terribly politically incorrect reference to east africa

Guest AlpentalRider

in the Alpental backcountry, there's a run called Roxoff...saying goes there's nothing better then getting your Roxoff

And if you go further out in the BC, there's a pass that everyone takes to get into Great Scott Bowl called Piss Pass. If you take a wrong turn, you'll definately piss your pants lol.

I had to ask, because if you could do the Grand Tetons, that would be every bit as cool as getting Roxoff.

Teton is French for breast. The mountain range was originally named Le Trois Teton by French fur trappers, for the three most prominent summits. It was lonely out there in those days....

http://www.naturalmoment.com/mountains/sunrise_tetons.html