Note to New Members ×

Favorite Name for a Run

Guest Randy S.

Originally posted by oldvolvosrule

There is a run off the top of Mammoth that is called "Huevos Grande" Appropriate name for the run, personally I have never skied it cuz I have "huevos poco"

I would never admit to that...and I have been done that trail...not that I did it with any grace...I mostly rode the area between Climax-Paranoid Flats and I loved the "Out" chutes (Wipe and Drop)

I don't know, why, but I like best these names of slopes, that actually aren't names. I like the black slope at Mountain XY and especially "slope NO 19" (Livigno). Maybe it's just because hey don't tell you anything about the slope they belong to.

BTW @ Neil:

gm_l1.jpg

AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIIIII !!!!

Guest Ghostrider

Here in Michigan, you can go to Nub's Nob which boasts the midwests best grooming. I have never figured out who Nub is, or what his Nob might be, but it might be better to leave that to the imagination. They have a run called the Big 4-0 and another called Hot Flash.

I always wonder how they come up with names, I'm sure there are some great stories behind names of runs. They should publish a book about why its named what it is. Could be very entertaining.

We have some unnamed runs at apex, but there was some talk to name some of them after the head patroller. His last name was Hirsfield so we were going to call one of the runs The Hershey Highway. But I dont think the general public appreciates names like that.